Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS7
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAMTS7 antibody
See all ADAMTS7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS7
Specificityab28557 recognizes metalloproteinase ADAMTS7.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ADAMTS7. Immunogen in the spacer-1 region of the C-terminus.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody has been peptide-affinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28557 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionMetalloprotease that may play a role in the degradation of COMP.
Tissue specificityExpressed in heart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas. Detected in meniscus, bone, tendon, cartilage, synovium, fat and ligaments.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 1 PLAC domain.
Contains 8 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsN-glycosylated. Can be O-fucosylated by POFUT2 on a serine or a threonine residue found within the consensus sequence C1-X(2)-(S/T)-C2-G of the TSP type-1 repeat domains where C1 and C2 are the first and second cysteine residue of the repeat, respectively. Fucosylated repeats can then be further glycosylated by the addition of a beta-1,3-glucose residue by the glucosyltransferase, B3GALTL. Fucosylation mediates the efficient secretion of ADAMTS family members. Also can be C-glycosylated with one or two mannose molecules on tryptophan residues within the consensus sequence W-X-X-W of the TPRs. N- and C-glycosylations can also facilitate secretion. O-glycosylated proteoglycan. Contains chondroitin sulfate.
May be cleaved by a furin endopeptidase (By similarity). The precursor is sequentially processed.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix. Also found associated with the external cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin motifs 7 preproprotein antibody
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 7 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 7 antibody
ab28557 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Mu Y et al. Upregulation of ADAMTS-7 and downregulation of COMP are associated with spontaneous abortion. Mol Med Rep 19:2620-2626 (2019). PubMed: 30720083
- Yumusak N et al. Expression of ADAMTS-7 in myocardial dystrophy associated with white muscle disease in lambs. Pol J Vet Sci 21:119-126 (2018). PubMed: 29624002
- Chan K et al. Genetic Variation at theADAMTS7Locus is Associated With Reduced Severity of Coronary Artery Disease. J Am Heart Assoc 6:N/A (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29089340
- Wu W et al. Association of ADAMTS-7 Levels with Cardiac Function in a Rat Model of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Cell Physiol Biochem 38:950-8 (2016). PubMed: 26938210
- Pu X et al. ADAMTS7 cleavage and vascular smooth muscle cell migration is affected by a coronary-artery-disease-associated variant. Am J Hum Genet 92:366-74 (2013). PubMed: 23415669