Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS7
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAMTS7 antibody
See all ADAMTS7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS7
Specificityab28557 recognizes metalloproteinase ADAMTS7.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ADAMTS7. Immunogen in the spacer-1 region of the C-terminus.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody has been peptide-affinity purified.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28557 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionMetalloprotease that may play a role in the degradation of COMP.
Tissue specificityExpressed in heart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas. Detected in meniscus, bone, tendon, cartilage, synovium, fat and ligaments.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 1 PLAC domain.
Contains 8 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsN-glycosylated. Can be O-fucosylated by POFUT2 on a serine or a threonine residue found within the consensus sequence C1-X(2)-(S/T)-C2-G of the TSP type-1 repeat domains where C1 and C2 are the first and second cysteine residue of the repeat, respectively. Fucosylated repeats can then be further glycosylated by the addition of a beta-1,3-glucose residue by the glucosyltransferase, B3GALTL. Fucosylation mediates the efficient secretion of ADAMTS family members. Also can be C-glycosylated with one or two mannose molecules on tryptophan residues within the consensus sequence W-X-X-W of the TPRs. N- and C-glycosylations can also facilitate secretion. O-glycosylated proteoglycan. Contains chondroitin sulfate.
May be cleaved by a furin endopeptidase (By similarity). The precursor is sequentially processed.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix. Also found associated with the external cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin motifs 7 preproprotein antibody
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 7 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 7 antibody
ab28557 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Pu X et al. Effect of a coronary-heart-disease-associated variant of ADAMTS7 on endothelial cell angiogenesis. Atherosclerosis 296:11-17 (2020). PubMed: 32005000
- Mu Y et al. Upregulation of ADAMTS-7 and downregulation of COMP are associated with spontaneous abortion. Mol Med Rep 19:2620-2626 (2019). PubMed: 30720083
- Yumusak N et al. Expression of ADAMTS-7 in myocardial dystrophy associated with white muscle disease in lambs. Pol J Vet Sci 21:119-126 (2018). PubMed: 29624002
- Chan K et al. Genetic Variation at theADAMTS7Locus is Associated With Reduced Severity of Coronary Artery Disease. J Am Heart Assoc 6:N/A (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29089340
- Wu W et al. Association of ADAMTS-7 Levels with Cardiac Function in a Rat Model of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Cell Physiol Biochem 38:950-8 (2016). PubMed: 26938210
- Pu X et al. ADAMTS7 cleavage and vascular smooth muscle cell migration is affected by a coronary-artery-disease-associated variant. Am J Hum Genet 92:366-74 (2013). PubMed: 23415669