Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5F51BB5AG7] to Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1/ANT 1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Caenorhabditis elegans
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1/ANT 1 antibody [5F51BB5AG7]
See all Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1/ANT 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5F51BB5AG7] to Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1/ANT 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Caenorhabditis elegans
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1/ANT 1.
- Human, Bovine, Rat and Mouse isolated mitochondria; Cultured Human fibroblasts.
This antibody comes with an Incubation Solution which should be used as the diluent for Western blot (the antibody should not be diluted in milk for incubations). The lab has found that diluting the antibody in this solution gives optimal results. Dilute the antibody to 1 ug/mL in neat Incubation Solution before use.
The following is a quick reference procedure guide for Western Blot, specific for ab110322:
1. Solubilize samples in SDS-PAGE sample buffer.
2. Heat sample to 37°C for 30 minutes.
3. Separate proteins on Tris-glycine 10-22% gradient gel 150 V ~ 2 hrs.
4. Soak gel in 50 mL CAPS buffer for 30 minutes.
5. Transfer to 0.45 µm PVDF membrane in CAPS buffer for 2 hrs at 0.15 A CAPS buffer : 10 mM 3-[cyclohexylamino]-1-propane sulfonic acid, pH 11 w/NaOH, 10% methanol ice cold throughout.
6. Block membrane for 3 hrs - overnight in 5% milk/PBS 4°C.
7. Wash blot 3 times for 5 mins PBS/0.05% Tween-20 with agitation. Followed by a final rinse in PBS.
8. Antibody diluted to concentration specified in supplied incubation solution for 2 hrs.
9. Wash blot 3 times in PBS/0.05% Tween-20 for 5 mins.
10. Incubate blot with secondary anti-mouse antibody diluted according to manufacturer’s instructions in 1% milk/PBS for 2 hrs.
11. Wash blot 3 times in PBS/0.05% Tween-20 for 5 mins. Rinse blot in PBS.
12. Develop Blot: For alkaline phosphatase we recommend BCIP/NBT. For horseradish peroxidase we recommend ECL+.
Previously labelled as Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab110322 Was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110322 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. (heat-induced antigen-retrieval improves signal)|
FunctionCatalyzes the exchange of ADP and ATP across the mitochondrial inner membrane.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC25A4 are a cause of progressive external ophthalmoplegia with mitochondrial DNA deletions autosomal dominant type 2 (PEOA2) [MIM:609283]. Progressive external ophthalmoplegia is characterized by progressive weakness of ocular muscles and levator muscle of the upper eyelid. In a minority of cases, it is associated with skeletal myopathy, which predominantly involves axial or proximal muscles and which causes abnormal fatigability and even permanent muscle weakness. Ragged-red fibers and atrophy are found on muscle biopsy. A large proportion of chronic ophthalmoplegias are associated with other symptoms, leading to a multisystemic pattern of this disease. Additional symptoms are variable, and may include cataracts, hearing loss, sensory axonal neuropathy, ataxia, depression, hypogonadism, and parkinsonism.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AAC1 antibody
- Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1 antibody
- Adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (skeletal muscle) antibody
ab110322 at 10µg/ml staining Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1/ANT 1 in cultured Human fibroblasts (fixed and permeabilized) by Immunocytochemistry, followed by a fluorescent goat-anti-mouse IgG.
All lanes : Anti-Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1/ANT 1 antibody [5F51BB5AG7] (ab110322) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human heart mitochondria isolate at 5 µg
Lane 2 : Bovine heart mitochondria isolate at 1 µg
Lane 3 : Rat heart mitochondria isolate at 10 µg
Lane 4 : Mouse heart mitochondria isolate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Extra bands in the mouse sample (lane 4) are due to the reaction of the IgG-specific goat anti-mouse secondary antibody with residual mouse blood in the heart tissue, as it is very difficult to entirely remove the blood from these small organs.
ab110322 has been referenced in 42 publications.
- Dirks ML et al. Short-term bed rest-induced insulin resistance cannot be explained by increased mitochondrial H2 O2 emission. J Physiol 598:123-137 (2020). WB ; Human . PubMed: 31721213
- Buch BT et al. Colchicine treatment impairs skeletal muscle mitochondrial function and insulin sensitivity in an age-specific manner. FASEB J 34:8653-8670 (2020). PubMed: 32372536
- Miotto PM & Holloway GP Exercise-induced reductions in mitochondrial ADP sensitivity contribute to the induction of gene expression and mitochondrial biogenesis through enhanced mitochondrial H2O2 emission. Mitochondrion 46:116-122 (2019). PubMed: 29588219
- Petrick HL & Holloway GP High intensity exercise inhibits carnitine palmitoyltransferase-I sensitivity to L-carnitine. Biochem J N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30635360
- Halling JF et al. PGC-1a regulates mitochondrial properties beyond biogenesis with aging and exercise training. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 317:E513-E525 (2019). PubMed: 31265325