Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [7F6-G5-A2] to Adenosine Receptor A2a
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Adenosine Receptor A2a antibody [7F6-G5-A2]
See all Adenosine Receptor A2a primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [7F6-G5-A2] to Adenosine Receptor A2a
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Hamster, Dog, Non human primates
Full length protein corresponding to Human Adenosine Receptor A2a.
Database link: P29274
EpitopeRecognises amino acids 213-220 (SQPLPGER) within the third intracellular loop.
- This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: SKNSH In western blot, this antibody gave a positive result in SHSY-5Y, SK-N-SH, PC12 and human platelet whole cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified by running the antiserum from the injected animal through an affinity column with the antigen bound to a beaded agarose gel.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79714 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).
We recommend using 1% BSA as a blocking agent for western blot.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for adenosine. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins which activate adenylyl cyclase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
DomainThe cytoplasmic C-terminal domain is necessary for targeting the non-ubiquitinated form of this protein to the cell surface.
modificationsUbiquitinated. Deubiquitinated by USP4; leading to stabilization and expression at the cell surface.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- A2AAR antibody
- A2aR antibody
- AA2AR_HUMAN antibody
ICC/IF image of ab79714 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) then permeabilised using 0.1% PBS-Triton and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to further permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab79714 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (pseudo-colored green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti- mouse (ab150117) IgG (H+L) preadsorbed, used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (pseudo-colored red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (pseudo-colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM for 1hour at room temperature.
All lanes : Anti-Adenosine Receptor A2a antibody [7F6-G5-A2] (ab79714) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : SK-N-SH (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Platelet (Human) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Exposure time: 2 minutes
We recommend using 1% BSA as a blocking agent for western blot. Milk is not a suitable blocking agent for this product.
ab79714 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Huang W et al. An adenosine A1R-A2aR imbalance regulates low glucose/hypoxia-induced microglial activation, thereby contributing to oligodendrocyte damage through NF-?B and CREB phosphorylation. Int J Mol Med 41:3559-3569 (2018). PubMed: 29512780
- Sakano D et al. Dopamine D2 Receptor-Mediated Regulation of Pancreatic ß Cell Mass. Stem Cell Reports 7:95-109 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27373926
- Niesman IR et al. Traumatic brain injury enhances neuroinflammation and lesion volume in caveolin deficient mice. J Neuroinflammation 11:39 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24593993
- Bone DB et al. Nucleoside/nucleobase transport and metabolism by microvascular endothelial cells isolated from ENT1-/- mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H847-56 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20543083