Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADFP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADFP antibody
See all ADFP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADFP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Pig, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ADFP aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Ab78920 gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; HepG2; HEK293. ICC/IF: HepG2 cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78920 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
FunctionMay be involved in development and maintenance of adipose tissue.
Tissue specificityMilk lipid globules.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the perilipin family.
modificationsAcylated; primarily with C14, C16 and C18 fatty acids.
- Information by UniProt
- ADFP antibody
- Adipophilin antibody
- Adipose differentiation related protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-ADFP antibody (ab78920) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 48 kDa
Additional bands at: 25 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
ab78920 staining ADFP in HepG2 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab78920 at 5µg/ml and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control) used at a 1/1000 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150081, Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed, (pseudo-colored green) and ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) preadsorbed, (colored red), both used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1hour at room temperature.
ab78920 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yeshaw WM et al. Human VPS13A is associated with multiple organelles and influences mitochondrial morphology and lipid droplet motility. Elife 8:N/A (2019). WB . PubMed: 30741634
- Nguyen KT et al. N-terminal acetylation and the N-end rule pathway control degradation of the lipid droplet protein PLIN2. J Biol Chem 294:379-388 (2019). PubMed: 30425097
- Chen H et al. Lipophagy contributes to long-term storage of spermatozoa in the epididymis of the Chinese soft-shelled turtle Pelodiscus sinensis. Reprod Fertil Dev N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30526797
- Lee S et al. Molybdate Attenuates Lipid Accumulation in the Livers of Mice Fed a Diet Deficient in Methionine and Choline. Biol Pharm Bull 41:1203-1210 (2018). PubMed: 30068869
- Giannotti KC et al. A snake venom group IIA PLA2 with immunomodulatory activity induces formation of lipid droplets containing 15-d-PGJ2 in macrophages. Sci Rep 7:4098 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28642580
- Qiu B et al. HIF2a-Dependent Lipid Storage Promotes Endoplasmic Reticulum Homeostasis in Clear-Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. Cancer Discov 5:652-67 (2015). PubMed: 25829424
- Shen G et al. Adipose differentiation-related protein is not involved in hypoxia inducible factor-1-induced lipid accumulation under hypoxia. Mol Med Rep 12:8055-61 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26498183