Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Adiponectin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Adiponectin antibody
See all Adiponectin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Adiponectin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (E. coli).
- Human Serum.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.268% PBS, 0.58% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13881 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionImportant adipokine involved in the control of fat metabolism and insulin sensitivity, with direct anti-diabetic, anti-atherogenic and anti-inflammatory activities. Stimulates AMPK phosphorylation and activation in the liver and the skeletal muscle, enhancing glucose utilization and fatty-acid combustion. Antagonizes TNF-alpha by negatively regulating its expression in various tissues such as liver and macrophages, and also by counteracting its effects. Inhibits endothelial NF-kappa-B signaling through a cAMP-dependent pathway. May play a role in cell growth, angiogenesis and tissue remodeling by binding and sequestering various growth factors with distinct binding affinities, depending on the type of complex, LMW, MMW or HMW.
Tissue specificitySynthesized exclusively by adipocytes and secreted into plasma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ADIPOQ are the cause of adiponectin deficiency (ADPND) [MIM:612556]. ADPND results in very low concentrations of plasma adiponectin.
Genetic variations in ADIPOQ are associated with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) [MIM:125853]; also known as diabetes mellitus type 2. NIDDM is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset during adulthood and insulin resistance.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
DomainThe C1q domain is commonly called the globular domain.
modificationsHydroxylated Lys-33 was not identified in PubMed:16497731, probably due to poor representation of the N-terminal peptide in mass fingerprinting.
HMW complexes are more extensively glycosylated than smaller oligomers. Hydroxylation and glycosylation of the lysine residues within the collagene-like domain of adiponectin seem to be critically involved in regulating the formation and/or secretion of HMW complexes and consequently contribute to the insulin-sensitizing activity of adiponectin in hepatocytes.
O-glycosylated. Not N-glycosylated. O-linked glycans on hydroxylysines consist of Glc-Gal disaccharides bound to the oxygen atom of post-translationally added hydroxyl groups. Sialylated to varying degrees depending on tissue. Thr-22 appears to be the major site of sialylation. Higher sialylation found in SGBS adipocytes than in HEK fibroblasts. Sialylation is not required neither for heterodimerization nor for secretion. Not sialylated on the glycosylated hydroxylysines. Desialylated forms are rapidly cleared from the circulation.
- Information by UniProt
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement related protein antibody
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein antibody
- ACDC antibody
ab13881 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Imidazole Ketone Erastin Induces Ferroptosis and Slows Tumor Growth in a Mouse Lymphoma Model. Cell Chem Biol 26:623-633.e9 (2019). PubMed: 30799221
- Christiansen D et al. Cycling with blood flow restriction improves performance and muscle K+ regulation and alters the effect of anti-oxidant infusion in humans. J Physiol 597:2421-2444 (2019). PubMed: 30843602
- Ma Z et al. Epigenetic drift of H3K27me3 in aging links glycolysis to healthy longevity in Drosophila. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29809154
- Fetoni AR et al. Cx26 partial loss causes accelerated presbycusis by redox imbalance and dysregulation of Nfr2 pathway. Redox Biol 19:301-317 (2018). PubMed: 30199819
- Rocha N et al. Human biallelic MFN2 mutations induce mitochondrial dysfunction, upper body adipose hyperplasia, and suppression of leptin expression. Elife 6:N/A (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28414270
- Chen JH et al. Evaluation of human dermal fibroblasts directly reprogrammed to adipocyte-like cells as a metabolic disease model. Dis Model Mech 10:1411-1420 (2017). PubMed: 28982679
- Acosta-Martin AE et al. Quantitative mass spectrometry analysis using PAcIFIC for the identification of plasma diagnostic biomarkers for abdominal aortic aneurysm. PLoS One 6:e28698 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22163325