Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR10336] to ADRA1B
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-ADRA1B antibody [EPR10336]
See all ADRA1B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR10336] to ADRA1B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human ADRA1B aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P35368
- WB: HeLa, PC-3 and NIH/3T3 cell lysate, human fetal brain lysates, mouse and rat brain lysates, mouse and rat stomach lysates
This product was previously labelled as alpha 1b Adrenergic Receptor
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab169523 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
FunctionThis alpha-adrenergic receptor mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. Its effect is mediated by G(q) and G(11) proteins. Nuclear ADRA1A-ADRA1B heterooligomers regulate phenylephrine (PE)-stimulated ERK signaling in cardiac myocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Adrenergic receptor subfamily. ADRA1B sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationNucleus membrane. Cell membrane. Location at the nuclear membrane facilitates heterooligomerization and regulates ERK-mediated signaling in cardiac myocytes. signaling in cardiac myocytes. Colocalizes with GNAQ, PLCB1 as well as LAP2 at the nuclear membrane of cardiac myocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- ADA1B_HUMAN antibody
- ADRA 1 antibody
- Adra 1b antibody
All lanes : Anti-ADRA1B antibody [EPR10336] (ab169523) at 1/2000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : Human fetal brain lysates
Lane 2 : PC-3 (Human prostate adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 3 : Mouse brain lysates
Lane 4 : NIH/3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast) whole cell lysates
Lane 5 : Rat brain lysates
Lane 6 : Mouse stomach lysates
Lane 7 : Rat stomach lysates
Lane 8 : HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP) with minimal cross-reactivity with human IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Observed band size: 57 kDa
All lanes : Anti-ADRA1B antibody [EPR10336] (ab169523) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : Fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : PC-3 lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
ab169523 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Qin X et al. Discovery of Environment-Sensitive Fluorescent Agonists for a1-Adrenergic Receptors. Anal Chem 91:12173-12180 (2019). PubMed: 31321979
- Tang JM et al. Response Gene to Complement 32 Maintains Blood Pressure Homeostasis by Regulating a-Adrenergic Receptor Expression. Circ Res 123:1080-1090 (2018). PubMed: 30355157
- Gao X et al. Asymmetrical ligand-induced cross-regulation of chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 by a1-adrenergic receptors at the heteromeric receptor complex. Sci Rep 8:2730 (2018). PubMed: 29426850
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Noradrenaline Sensitivity Is Severely Impaired in Immortalized Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Line. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30469522
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Flow cytometry analysis of adrenoceptors expression in human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cells. Sci Data 5:180196 (2018). PubMed: 30277480
- Wilhelmson AS et al. Testosterone is an endogenous regulator of BAFF and splenic B cell number. Nat Commun 9:2067 (2018). PubMed: 29802242
- Rice FL et al. Anatomy and immunochemical characterization of the non-arterial peptidergic diffuse dural innervation of the rat and Rhesus monkey: Implications for functional regulation and treatment in migraine. Cephalalgia 37:1350-1372 (2017). PubMed: 27852962
- Albee LJ et al. a1-Adrenergic Receptors Function Within Hetero-Oligomeric Complexes With Atypical Chemokine Receptor 3 and Chemokine (C-X-C motif) Receptor 4 in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. J Am Heart Assoc 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28862946
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Activation of ß-adrenergic receptors is required for elevated a1A-adrenoreceptors expression and signaling in mesenchymal stromal cells. Sci Rep 6:32835 (2016). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 27596381
- Tripathi A et al. Heteromerization of chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 with a1A/B-adrenergic receptors controls a1-adrenergic receptor function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E1659-68 (2015). PubMed: 25775528