Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR9623] to ADRA2B
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-ADRA2B antibody [EPR9623]
See all ADRA2B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9623] to ADRA2B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Human fetal brain, MCF7, HepG2 and 293T cell lysates; 293T cells.
This product was previously labelled as alpha 2b Adrenergic Receptor
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab151727 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceAlpha-2-adrenergic receptors are members of the G protein-coupled receptor superfamily. They include 3 highly homologous subtypes: alpha2A, alpha2B, and alpha2C. These receptors have a critical role in regulating neurotransmitter release from sympathetic nerves and from adrenergic neurons in the central nervous system. Alpha 2B adrenergic receptor subtype was observed to associate with eIF-2B, a guanine nucleotide exchange protein that functions in regulation of translation. A polymorphic variant of the alpha2B subtype, which lacks 3 glutamic acids from a glutamic acid repeat element, was identified to have decreased G protein-coupled receptor kinase-mediated phosphorylation and desensitization; this polymorphic form is also associated with reduced basal metabolic rate in obese subjects and may therefore contribute to the pathogenesis of obesity. Alpha 2B adrenergic receptor gene contains no introns in either its coding or untranslated sequences.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- ADRA2B antibody
- ADRA2RL1 antibody
- ADRARL1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ADRA2B antibody [EPR9623] (ab151727) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of 293T cells labeling ADRA2B with ab151727 at 1/10 dilution (red) compared to a nonspecific control antibody (green).
ab151727 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Maltsev AV et al. a2-Adrenoceptor signaling in cardiomyocytes of spontaneously hypertensive rats starts to impair already at early age. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 512:908-913 (2019). PubMed: 30929926
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Flow cytometry analysis of adrenoceptors expression in human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cells. Sci Data 5:180196 (2018). PubMed: 30277480
- Wilhelmson AS et al. Testosterone is an endogenous regulator of BAFF and splenic B cell number. Nat Commun 9:2067 (2018). PubMed: 29802242
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Noradrenaline Sensitivity Is Severely Impaired in Immortalized Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Line. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30469522
- Weng X et al. Reduced mitochondrial response sensitivity is involved in the anti-apoptotic effect of dexmedetomidine pretreatment in cardiomyocytes. Int J Mol Med 41:2328-2338 (2018). PubMed: 29328437
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Activation of ß-adrenergic receptors is required for elevated a1A-adrenoreceptors expression and signaling in mesenchymal stromal cells. Sci Rep 6:32835 (2016). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 27596381
- Xiao L et al. Renal Denervation Prevents Immune Cell Activation and Renal Inflammation in Angiotensin II-Induced Hypertension. Circ Res 117:547-57 (2015). PubMed: 26156232
- Maltsev AV et al. Alpha-2 adrenoceptors and imidazoline receptors in cardiomyocytes mediate counterbalancing effect of agmatine on NO synthesis and intracellular calcium handling. J Mol Cell Cardiol 68:66-74 (2014). PubMed: 24412533