Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to AE2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-AE2 antibody
See all AE2 primary antibodies
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human AE2 aa 200-300.
(Peptide available as
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlasma membrane anion exchange protein of wide distribution.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the anion exchanger (TC 2.A.31) family.
- Information by UniProt
- AE 2 antibody
- AE2 anion exchanger antibody
- Anion exchange protein 2 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab42687 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab42687, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive IF result in Hek293 cells fixed in 100% methanol at 5ug/ml. However, this Fast-Track antibody is not yet fully characterised. This image represents inconclusive preliminary data.
ab42687 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Hwang S et al. Carbonic anhydrase 12 mutation modulates membrane stability and volume regulation of aquaporin 5. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 34:179-188 (2019). PubMed: 30451023
- Hwang S et al. Drug Repurposing as an Antitumor Agent: Disulfiram-Mediated Carbonic Anhydrase 12 and Anion Exchanger 2 Modulation to Inhibit Cancer Cell Migration. Molecules 24:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31546841
- Yin K et al. SLC26A Gene Family Participate in pH Regulation during Enamel Maturation. PLoS One 10:e0144703 (2015). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 26671068
- Huang J et al. Basolateral chloride loading by the anion exchanger type 2: role in fluid secretion by the human airway epithelial cell line Calu-3. J Physiol 590:5299-316 (2012). PubMed: 22802585
- Kao L et al. Severe Neurologic Impairment in Mice with Targeted Disruption of the Electrogenic Sodium Bicarbonate Cotransporter NBCe2 (Slc4a5 Gene). J Biol Chem 286:32563-74 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21705333