Key features and details
- Mouse polyclonal to AFG3L2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-AFG3L2 antibody
See all AFG3L2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to AFG3L2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein (Human)
- AFG3L2 transfected 293T cell lysate
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68023 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa).|
FunctionATP-dependent protease which is essential for axonal development.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highly expressed in the cerebellar Purkinje cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in AFG3L2 are the cause of spinocerebellar ataxia type 28 (SCA28) [MIM:610246]. It is a clinically and genetically heterogeneous group of cerebellar disorders. Patients show progressive incoordination of gait and often poor coordination of hands, speech and eye movements, due to degeneration of the cerebellum with variable involvement of the brainstem and spinal cord. SCA28 is an autosomal dominant cerebellar ataxia (ADCA) with a slow progressive course and no evidence of sensory involvement or cognitive impairment.
Defects in AFG3L2 are the cause of spastic ataxia autosomal recessive type 5 (SPAX5) [MIM:614487]. A neurodegenerative disorder characterized by early onset spasticity, peripheral neuropathy, ptosis, oculomotor apraxia, dystonia, cerebellar atrophy, and progressive myoclonic epilepsy.
Sequence similaritiesIn the N-terminal section; belongs to the AAA ATPase family.
In the C-terminal section; belongs to the peptidase M41 family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AFG3 (ATPase family gene 3, yeast) like 2 antibody
- AFG3 ATPase family gene 3 like 2 (yeast) antibody
- AFG3 ATPase family gene 3 like 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-AFG3L2 antibody (ab68023) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : AFG3L2 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP Conjugate secondary
antibody at 1/2500 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 89 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab68023 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab68023, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab68023 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Boutoual R et al. Defects in the mitochondrial-tRNA modification enzymes MTO1 and GTPBP3 promote different metabolic reprogramming through a HIF-PPAR?-UCP2-AMPK axis. Sci Rep 8:1163 (2018). PubMed: 29348686
- Cesnekova J et al. Loss of Mitochondrial AAA Proteases AFG3L2 and YME1L Impairs Mitochondrial Structure and Respiratory Chain Biogenesis. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30544562
- Meseguer S et al. microRNA-mediated differential expression of TRMU, GTPBP3 and MTO1 in cell models of mitochondrial-DNA diseases. Sci Rep 7:6209 (2017). PubMed: 28740091
- MacVicar TD & Lane JD Impaired OMA1-dependent cleavage of OPA1 and reduced DRP1 fission activity combine to prevent mitophagy in cells that are dependent on oxidative phosphorylation. J Cell Sci 127:2313-25 (2014). PubMed: 24634514
- Jiang X et al. Activation of mitochondrial protease OMA1 by Bax and Bak promotes cytochrome c release during apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:14782-7 (2014). PubMed: 25275009