Product nameAG-126, Tyrosine kinase inhibitor
DescriptionTyrosine kinase inhibitor
Biological descriptionTyrosine kinase inhibitor. Inhibits glucocorticoid induced COX-2 activity (IC50 = 15 μM). Blocks lipopolysaccharide (LPS) induced TNFα synthesis and tyrosine phosphorylation of ERK2. Cell-permeable. Shows anti-inflammtory activity. Active in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 10 mM (with warming)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Cuzzocrea S et al. The tyrosine kinase inhibitor tyrphostin AG126 reduces the development of acute and chronic inflammation. Am J Pathol 157:145-58 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 10880385) »
- Zakar T et al. Tyrosine kinase inhibitors block the glucocorticoid stimulation of prostaglandin endoperoxide H synthase expression in amnion cells. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 77:138-42 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10535705) »
- Ruetten H & Thiemermann C Effects of tyrphostins and genistein on the circulatory failure and organ dysfunction caused by endotoxin in the rat: a possible role for protein tyrosine kinase. Br J Pharmacol 122:59-70 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9298529) »
- Novogrodsky A et al. Prevention of lipopolysaccharide-induced lethal toxicity by tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Science 264:1319-22 (1994). Read more (PubMed: 8191285) »