Product nameAG-494, EGF receptor tyrosine kinase
DescriptionPotent, selective EGF receptor tyrosine kinase
Biological descriptionPotent, selective EGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor (IC50 = 0.7 μM). Selective over ErbB2, PDGF receptor tyrosine kinase and insulin receptor (IC50 values are 42, 6 and 100 μM respectively). Blocks CDK2 activation leading to cell cycle arrest at late G1 and during S phase.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 75 mM and in ethanol to 75 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Receptors & Transporters
- Enzyme-Linked Receptors
- Receptor tyrosine kinases
This product has been referenced in:
- Tomlins SA et al. Cross-talk between the calcium-sensing receptor and the epidermal growth factor receptor in Rat-1 fibroblasts. Exp Cell Res 308:439-45 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15950968) »
- Kleinberger-Doron N et al. Inhibition of Cdk2 activation by selected tyrphostins causes cell cycle arrest at late G1 and S phase. Exp Cell Res 241:340-51 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9637776) »
- Osherov N & Levitzki A Tyrphostin AG 494 blocks Cdk2 activation. FEBS Lett 410:187-90 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9237626) »
- Gazit A et al. Tyrphostins. 2. Heterocyclic and alpha-substituted benzylidenemalononitrile tyrphostins as potent inhibitors of EGF receptor and ErbB2/neu tyrosine kinases. J Med Chem 34:1896-907 (1991). Read more (PubMed: 1676428) »