Purity> 98 % SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level< 0.100 Eu/µg
Protein lengthFull length protein
DescriptionNative AGE protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51995 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesMay precipitate during extended storage. Sonicate to solubilize the precipitates. The AGE modified BSA was produced by reacting BSA with glycolaldehyde under sterile conditions followed by extensive dialysis and purification steps. Fluorescence of AGEs was confirmed by fluorescence spectrophotometry with Ex./Em. = 370/440 nm. Glycated BSA shows a 7000% increase in fluorescence in compared to control BSA.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Advanced glycation end products
RelevanceThe non enzymatic reaction of reducing carbohydrates with lysine side chains and N terminal amino groups of macromolecules (amino acids, proteins, phospholipids and nucleic acids) is called the Maillard reaction or glycation. The latter products of this process, termed advanced glycation end products (AGEs), adversely affect the functional properties of proteins, lipids and DNA. In long lived tissue proteins, these chemical modifications accumulate with age and may contribute to the pathophysiology of ageing and long term complications of diabetes, atherosclerosis and renal failure.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane and Secreted
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51995 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Di B et al. Liraglutide inhibited AGEs induced coronary smooth muscle cell phenotypic transition through inhibiting the NF-?B signal pathway. Peptides 112:125-132 (2019). PubMed: 30513352
- Zhang LN et al. Berberine improves advanced glycation end products-induced osteogenic differentiation responses in human periodontal ligament stem cells through the canonical Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Mol Med Rep 19:5440-5452 (2019). PubMed: 31059099
- Krishnamoorthy D et al. Dietary advanced glycation end-product consumption leads to mechanical stiffening of murine intervertebral discs. Dis Model Mech 11:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30498097
- Wang M et al. TRB3 mediates advanced glycation end product-induced apoptosis of pancreatic ß-cells through the protein kinase C ß pathway. Int J Mol Med 40:130-136 (2017). PubMed: 28534945
- Chen YS et al. Advanced glycation end products decrease collagen I levels in fibroblasts from the vaginal wall of patients with POP via the RAGE, MAPK and NF-?B pathways. Int J Mol Med 40:987-998 (2017). PubMed: 28849117
- Podell BK et al. Non-diabetic hyperglycemia exacerbates disease severity in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infected guinea pigs. PLoS One 7:e46824 (2012). PubMed: 23056469