Product nameAnti-AICDA antibody - ChIP Grade
See all AICDA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AICDA - ChIP Grade
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ChIPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide derived from residues 1 - 100 of Human AID.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in AICDA 293T Cell Transient Overexpression Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5197 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 24 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).Can be blocked with Human AICDA peptide (ab13718).|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionRNA-editing deaminase involved in somatic hypermutation, gene conversion, and class-switch recombination. Required for several crucial steps of B-cell terminal differentiation necessary for efficient antibody responses.
Tissue specificityStrongly expressed in lymph nodes and tonsils.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in AICDA are the cause of hyper-IgM immunodeficiency syndrome type 2 (HIGM2) [MIM:605258]; also known as hyper-IgM syndrome 2. HIGM2 is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by normal or elevated serum IgM levels with absence of IgG, IgA, and IgE, resulting in a profound susceptibility to bacterial infections. HIGM2 causes the absence of Ig class switch recombination (CSR), the lack of Ig somatic hypermutations, and lymph node hyperplasia caused by the presence of giant germinal centers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytidine and deoxycytidylate deaminase family.
- Information by UniProt
- Activation induced cytidine deaminase antibody
- Activation induced deaminase antibody
- Activation-induced cytidine deaminase antibody
Anti-AICDA antibody - ChIP Grade (ab5197) at 1 µg/ml + AICDA 293T Cell Transient Overexpression Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Observed band size: 24 kDa
This product has been referenced in:
- Dayal S et al. High resolution analysis of the chromatin landscape of the IgE switch region in human B cells. PLoS One 6:e24571 (2011). ChIP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21949728) »
- Duquette ML et al. AID binds to transcription-induced structures in c-MYC that map to regions associated with translocation and hypermutation. Oncogene 24:5791-8 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15940261) »