Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR11261] to AKAP3
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-AKAP3 antibody [EPR11261]
See all AKAP3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11261] to AKAP3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human AKAP3. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O75969
- Y79, HuT-78, HeLa, 293T, NIH 3T3, NCI-H460 and Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899); HeLa cells; Permeabilized Jurkat cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab170856 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 95 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionMay function as a regulator of both motility- and head-associated functions such as capacitation and the acrosome reaction.
Tissue specificityTestis specific; only expressed in spermatids.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the AKAP110 family.
DomainRII-binding site, predicted to form an amphipathic helix, could participate in protein-protein interactions with a complementary surface on the R-subunit dimer.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > acrosome. Ribs of the fibrous sheath in the principal piece of the sperm tail. Dorsal margin of the acrosomal segment.
- Information by UniProt
- A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein 3 antibody
- A-kinase anchor protein 110 kDa antibody
- A-kinase anchor protein 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-AKAP3 antibody [EPR11261] (ab170856) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Y79 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HuT-78 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 5 : NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Lane 6 : NCI-H460 cell lysate
Lane 7 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 95 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells labeling AKAP3 with ab170856 at 1/250 dilution (red). DAPI nuclear staining (blue).
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized Jurkat cells labeling AKAP3 with ab170856 at 1/100 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
ab170856 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Xu Y et al. Fluorescence- and magnetic-activated cell sorting strategies to separate spermatozoa involving plural contributors from biological mixtures for human identification. Sci Rep 6:36515 (2016). ICC/IF, WB ; Human . PubMed: 27857155