Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to AKR1C3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-AKR1C3 antibody
See all AKR1C3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKR1C3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A 15 amino acid peptide corresponding to the C terminal residues of human AKR1C3 (P42330).
- Human fetal liver lysates; human lung tissue; HeLa cells.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200ul distilled sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84327 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/200.|
FunctionCatalyzes the conversion of aldehydes and ketones to alcohols. Catalyzes the reduction of prostaglandin (PG) D2, PGH2 and phenanthrenequinone (PQ) and the oxidation of 9-alpha,11-beta-PGF2 to PGD2. Functions as a bi-directional 3-alpha-, 17-beta- and 20-alpha HSD. Can interconvert active androgens, estrogens and progestins with their cognate inactive metabolites. Preferentially transforms androstenedione (4-dione) to testosterone.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues including adrenal gland, brain, kidney, liver, lung, mammary gland, placenta, small intestine, colon, spleen, prostate and testis. The dominant HSD in prostate and mammary gland. In the prostate, higher levels in epithelial cells than in stromal cells. In the brain, expressed in medulla, spinal cord, frontotemporal lobes, thalamus, subthalamic nuclei and amygdala. Weaker expression in the hippocampus, substantia nigra and caudate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldo/keto reductase family.
- Information by UniProt
- 17 beta HSD 5 antibody
- 17 beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 5 antibody
- 17-beta-HSD 5 antibody
Anti-AKR1C3 antibody (ab84327) at 1/500 dilution + human fetal liver lysate
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
ab84327, at a 1/50 dilution, staining AKR1C3 in HeLa cells by Immunofluorescence.
ab84327, at a 1/100 dilution, staining AKR1C3 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded human lung tissue by Immunohistochemistry. Note cytoplasmic staining.
ab84327 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Liu J et al. Characterization of a highly specific monoclonal antibody against human aldo-keto reductase AKR1C3. Steroids 143:73-79 (2019). PubMed: 30639543
- Sorf A et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors AZD5438 and R547 show potential for enhancing efficacy of daunorubicin-based anticancer therapy: Interaction with carbonyl-reducing enzymes and ABC transporters. Biochem Pharmacol 163:290-298 (2019). PubMed: 30826329
- Grycmacher K et al. Prostaglandin F2a (PGF2a) production possibility and its receptors expression in the early- and late-cleaved preimplantation bovine embryos. BMC Vet Res 15:203 (2019). PubMed: 31200703
- Novotná E et al. Aldo-keto reductase 1C3 (AKR1C3): a missing piece of the puzzle in the dinaciclib interaction profile. Arch Toxicol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29992508
- Hagberg Thulin M et al. Osteoblasts promote castration-resistant prostate cancer by altering intratumoral steroidogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol 422:182-191 (2016). WB, IHC-P . PubMed: 26586211