Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 antibody
See all AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Goat, Cow, Dog, Pig
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.42% Potassium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesDelipidation and Defibrination
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106693 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionIGF-1 leads to the activation of AKT3, which may play a role in regulating cell survival. Capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Truncated isoform 2/PKB gamma 1 without the second serine phosphorylation site could still be stimulated but to a lesser extent.
Tissue specificityIn adult tissues, it is highly expressed in brain, lung and kidney, but weakly in heart, testis and liver. In fetal tissues, it is highly expressed in heart, liver and brain and not at all in kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-305 and Ser-472 is required for full activity (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Ubiquitinated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation.
- Information by UniProt
- AKT antibody
- AKT1 antibody
- AKT1 kinase antibody
ab106693, at 1/100 dilution, staing AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 in Human liver followed by biotinylated goat anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody, alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen.
ab106693 at 1/100 dilution, staining AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 in Human colon, A) normal tissue B) tumour tissue.
ab106693, at 1/80 dilution, staining AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 in cultured neonatal Rat cardiomyocytes that express a nuclear-targeted AKT construct. Anti-AKT1/2/3 staining appears green. Actin filaments are labeled red using a Texas-red™ conjugated phalloidin.
ab106693 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wang C et al. Investigation of the neuroprotective effects of crocin via antioxidant activities in HT22 cells and in mice with Alzheimer's disease. Int J Mol Med 43:956-966 (2019). PubMed: 30569175
- Luo Y et al. Effects of MiR-107 on The Chemo-drug Sensitivity of Breast Cancer Cells. Open Med (Wars) 14:59-65 (2019). PubMed: 31346547
- Wang G et al. Serum starvation induces cell death in NSCLC via miR-224. Onco Targets Ther 12:3953-3962 (2019). PubMed: 31190892
- Hsiao CH et al. Mesenchymal stem cells restore the sperm motility from testicular torsion-detorsion injury by regulation of glucose metabolism in sperm. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:270 (2019). PubMed: 31445515
- Li J et al. Thousand and one kinase 1 protects MCAO-induced cerebral ischemic stroke in rats by decreasing apoptosis and pro-inflammatory factors. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31652447