Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 (phospho S472 + S473 + S474)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 (phospho S472 + S473 + S474) antibody
See all AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 (phospho S472 + S473 + S474)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 aa 416-480 (phospho S472 + S473 + S474). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- MCF7 whole cell lysate/extract (500nM PMA treatment).
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 78% PBS, 1% BSA, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183758 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa.|
FunctionIGF-1 leads to the activation of AKT3, which may play a role in regulating cell survival. Capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Truncated isoform 2/PKB gamma 1 without the second serine phosphorylation site could still be stimulated but to a lesser extent.
Tissue specificityIn adult tissues, it is highly expressed in brain, lung and kidney, but weakly in heart, testis and liver. In fetal tissues, it is highly expressed in heart, liver and brain and not at all in kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-305 and Ser-472 is required for full activity (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Ubiquitinated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation.
- Information by UniProt
- AKT antibody
- AKT1 antibody
- AKT1 kinase antibody
All lanes : Anti-AKT1 + AKT2 + AKT3 (phospho S472 + S473 + S474) antibody (ab183758) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : MCF7 whole cell lysate/extract (untreated)
Lane 2 : MCF7 whole cell lysate/extract (500nM PMA treatment for 1hr)
Lane 3 : MCF7 whole cell lysate/extract (500nM PMA treatment for 2hrs)
Lane 4 : MCF7 whole cell lysate/extract (500nM PMA treatment for 4hrs)
Lane 5 : MCF7 whole cell lysate/extract (500nM PMA treatment for 6hrs)
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
7.5 % SDS-PAGE
ab183758 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Yamaguchi M et al. Prolactin Enhances the Proliferation of Proliferative Endometrial Glandular Cells and Endometrial Cancer Cells. J Endocr Soc 4:bvz029 (2020). PubMed: 32083234
- Wen Q et al. FoxO3a inhibiting expression of EPS8 to prevent progression of NSCLC: A new negative loop of EGFR signaling. EBioMedicine 40:198-209 (2019). PubMed: 30738830
- Wang X et al. Downregulation of GBAS regulates oral squamous cell carcinoma proliferation and apoptosis via the p53 signaling pathway. Onco Targets Ther 12:3729-3742 (2019). PubMed: 31190874
- Zhang J et al. Excessive miR-25-3p maturation via N6-methyladenosine stimulated by cigarette smoke promotes pancreatic cancer progression. Nat Commun 10:1858 (2019). PubMed: 31015415
- Li R et al. Heparin-Poloxamer Thermosensitive Hydrogel Loaded with bFGF and NGF Enhances Peripheral Nerve Regeneration in Diabetic Rats. Biomaterials 168:24-37 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29609091
- Ji Q et al. miR-216a inhibits osteosarcoma cell proliferation, invasion and metastasis by targeting CDK14. Cell Death Dis 8:e3103 (2017). PubMed: 29022909
- Lv L & Liu B Anti-tumor effects of bakuchiol on human gastric carcinoma cell lines are mediated through PI3K/AKT and MAPK signaling pathways. Mol Med Rep 16:8977-8982 (2017). PubMed: 28990045
- Wang Y et al. Stromal cell-derived factor-1a and transforming growth factor-ß1 synergistically facilitate migration and chondrogenesis of synovium-derived stem cells through MAPK pathways. Am J Transl Res 9:2656-2667 (2017). PubMed: 28560013
- Tayama S et al. The impact of EpCAM expression on response to chemotherapy and clinical outcomes in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncotarget 8:44312-44325 (2017). PubMed: 28574829