Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E45] to AKT3 + AKT1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-AKT3 + AKT1 antibody [E45]
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E45] to AKT3 + AKT1
Specificityab32038 detects Akt1 and Akt3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human AKT1 aa 450-550.
Database link: P31749
- Squamous lung carcinoma ICC/IF: SK-BR-3 cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32038 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Cellular localizationAKT3: Cytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation. AKT1: Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Nucleus after activation by integrin-linked protein kinase 1 (ILK1). Nuclear translocation is enhanced by interaction with TCL1A. Phosphorylation on Tyr-176 by TNK2 results in its localization to the cell membrane where it is targeted for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation and the activated form translocates to the nucleus.
Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded sections) analysis using ab32038 at a dilution of 1/1000 - 1/1250 and squamous lung carcinoma
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of SK-BR-3 (human breast adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling AKT3+AKT1 with purified ab32038 at 1/500 dilution (2.1 µg/mL). Cells were fixed in 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% tritonX-100. Cells were counterstained with ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.5 µg/mL). Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at 1/1000 (2 µg/mL) dilution. DAPI (blue) was used as nuclear counterstain. ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.5 µg/mL) was used as the secondary antibody only control.
All lanes : Anti-AKT3 + AKT1 antibody [E45] (ab32038) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : GFP tagged AKT1 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lanes 2 & 4 & 6 : Empty vector transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : GFP tagged AKT2 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 5 : GFP tagged AKT3 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Exposure time: 1 second
Blocking/Diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Observed band: 82kDa, 56kDa.
82kDa band represents GFP tagged AKT. 56kDa band represents endogenous AKT.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32038 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Li N et al. Cross-talk between TNF-a and IFN-? signaling in induction of B7-H1 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cancer Immunol Immunother 67:271-283 (2018). PubMed: 29090321
- Yang CY et al. Melatonin exerts anti-oral cancer effect via suppressing LSD1 in patient-derived tumor xenograft models. Oncotarget 8:33756-33769 (2017). PubMed: 28422711
- Liao P et al. Palmitoylated SCP1 is targeted to the plasma membrane and negatively regulates angiogenesis. Elife 6:N/A (2017). WB . PubMed: 28440748
- Chen YC et al. High mobility group box 1-induced epithelial mesenchymal transition in human airway epithelial cells. Sci Rep 6:18815 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26739898
- Wang Y et al. Intrinsic cellular signaling mechanisms determine the sensitivity of cancer cells to virus-induced apoptosis. Sci Rep 6:37213 (2016). PubMed: 27849011
- Zhang Z et al. Upregulated periostin promotes angiogenesis in keloids through activation of the ERK 1/2 and focal adhesion kinase pathways, as well as the upregulated expression of VEGF and angiopoietin-1. Mol Med Rep 11:857-64 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25369801
- Verma R & Marchese A The endosomal sorting complex required for transport pathway mediates chemokine receptor CXCR4-promoted lysosomal degradation of the mammalian target of rapamycin antagonist DEPTOR. J Biol Chem 290:6810-24 (2015). PubMed: 25605718
- Feng M et al. Therapeutically targeting glypican-3 via a conformation-specific single-domain antibody in hepatocellular carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E1083-91 (2013). PubMed: 23471984
- Ulici V et al. The role of Akt1 in terminal stages of endochondral bone formation: angiogenesis and ossification. Bone 45:1133-45 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19679212