Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Alas1 - Mitochondrial Marker
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Alas1 antibody - Mitochondrial Marker
See all Alas1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Alas1 - Mitochondrial Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Zebrafish
- Human fetal lung lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84962 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
PathwayPorphyrin metabolism; protoporphyrin-IX biosynthesis; 5-aminolevulinate from glycine: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-II pyridoxal-phosphate-dependent aminotransferase family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 aminolevulinate synthase antibody
- 5 aminolevulinate synthase nonspecific mitochondrial antibody
- 5 aminolevulinic acid synthase antibody
Anti-Alas1 antibody - Mitochondrial Marker (ab84962) at 1 µg/ml (5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Human fetal lung lysate at 10 µg
anti-Rabbit IgG HRP at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 71 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Gel concentration: 12%
ab84962 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Destefanis F et al. Investigating the Connection Between Endogenous Heme Accumulation and COX2 Activity in Cancer Cells. Front Oncol 9:162 (2019). PubMed: 30941311
- Yien YY et al. Mutation in human CLPX elevates levels of d-aminolevulinate synthase and protoporphyrin IX to promote erythropoietic protoporphyria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E8045-E8052 (2017). PubMed: 28874591
- Chiabrando D et al. Mutations in the Heme Exporter FLVCR1 Cause Sensory Neurodegeneration with Loss of Pain Perception. PLoS Genet 12:e1006461 (2016). PubMed: 27923065
- Sachar M et al. Chronic Treatment with Isoniazid Causes Protoporphyrin IX Accumulation in Mouse Liver. Chem Res Toxicol 29:1293-7 (2016). PubMed: 27438535
- Chernova T et al. Early Failure of N-Methyl-D-aspartate Receptors and Deficient Spine Formation Induced by Reduction of Regulatory Heme in Neurons. Mol Pharmacol 79:844-54 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21325018