Product nameAlcian Blue Stain Kit (pH 2.5, Mucin Stain)
See all strongly sulfated and carboxylated mucopolysaccharides & sialomucins kits
Alcian Blue Stain Kit (pH 2.5, Mucin Stain) ab150662 is intended for use in the histological visualization of sulfated and carboxylated acid mucopolysaccharides and sulfated and carboxylated sialomucins (glycoproteins).
This Kit originally used Safranin O Solution but this has now been replaced with Nuclear Fast Red Solution.
Alcian Blue staining protocol summary:
- deparaffinize sections if necessary and hydrate
- incubate in acetic acid for 3 min
- incubate in Alcian Blue pH 2.5 for 30 min
- rinse in water
- stain in nuclear fast red for 5 min
- rinse in water
- dehydrate, clear and mount
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Acidic Sulfated Mucosubstances Blue Hyaluronic Acid Blue Sialomucins Blue Nuclei Red Background Pink
Control Tissue: Small Intestine, Appendix, Colon
Previously called Alcian Blue pH 2.5 Stain Kit (Mucin Stain)
Storage instructionsStore at room temperature. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Acetic Acid Solution (3%) 1 x 500ml Alcian Blue pH 2.5 1 x 250ml Nuclear Fast Red Solution 1 x 250ml
ab150662 Alcian Blue pH 2.5 Stain Kit (Mucin Stain) staining formalin-fixed-paraffin embedded human GI tract.
ab150662 (Alcian Blue pH2.5 stain) staining acidic sulphated mucins (blue) in formalin fixed paraffin embedded normal human colon, counterstained with safranin o (pink).
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
Staining of Colon using ab150662 - Alcian Blue pH 2.5 Stain Kit (Mucin Stain).
ab150662 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Shastri S et al. Idebenone Protects against Acute Murine Colitis via Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Mechanisms. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31940911
- Shinde T et al. Synbiotic Supplementation Containing Whole Plant Sugar Cane Fibre and Probiotic Spores Potentiates Protective Synergistic Effects in Mouse Model of IBD. Nutrients 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30979002
- Huang H et al. Transgenic expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in pancreatic acinar cells induces chronic pancreatitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 316:G179-G186 (2019). PubMed: 30431318
- Kuo YR et al. Recipient Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Enhance Recipient Cell Engraftment and Prolong Allotransplant Survival in a Miniature Swine Hind-Limb Model. Cell Transplant 26:1418-1427 (2017). PubMed: 28901186