Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4439] to Alcohol Dehydrogenase
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Alcohol Dehydrogenase antibody [EPR4439]
See all Alcohol Dehydrogenase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4439] to Alcohol Dehydrogenase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Alcohol Dehydrogenase aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: lysate from HepG2 cells, Human fetal, mouse or rat liver; IHC-P: Human liver tissue; ICC/IF: HepG2 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108203 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Heat up to 98 degrees C, below boiling, and then let cool for 10-20 min.|
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the zinc-containing alcohol dehydrogenase family.
- Information by UniProt
- ADH alpha subunit antibody
- ADH antibody
- ADH1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Alcohol Dehydrogenase antibody [EPR4439] (ab108203) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse liver lysate
Lane 3 : Human fetal liver lysate
Lane 4 : Rat liver lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
ab108203 staining Alcohol Dehydrogenase in the HepG2 cell line from Human liver by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% Serum for 60 minutes at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50) for 1 hour at 22°C. An Alexa Fluor®594-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody. Nucleus was stained with DAPI (blue).
ab108203 at 1/250 dilution staining Alcohol Dehydrogenase in paraffin-embedded Human liver tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab108203 at 1/500 dilution staining Alcohol Dehydrogenase in HepG2 cells by Immunofluorescence.
ab108203 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Manca S et al. The Role of Alcohol-Induced Golgi Fragmentation for Androgen Receptor Signaling in Prostate Cancer. Mol Cancer Res 17:225-237 (2019). PubMed: 30224543
- Sonoda H et al. The retinol-retinoic acid metabolic pathway is impaired in the lumbar spine of a rat model of congenital kyphoscoliosis. J Cell Biochem 120:15007-15017 (2019). PubMed: 31056772
- Gao Q et al. Integrated Proteogenomic Characterization of HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cell 179:561-577.e22 (2019). PubMed: 31585088
- Sengupta M et al. Inhibition of Hepatotoxicity by a LXR Inverse Agonist in a Model of Alcoholic Liver Disease. ACS Pharmacol Transl Sci 1:50-60 (2018). PubMed: 31696159