Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5A11] to ALDH1A1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ALDH1A1 antibody [5A11]
See all ALDH1A1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5A11] to ALDH1A1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified recombinant fragment of Human ALDH1A1 expressed in E. coli.
- WB: Raji, Jurkat, THP1 and K562 cell lysates IHC-P: Human cerebellum and lung cancer tissues
This product was changed from ascites to supernatant. Lot no’s high than GR120645-17 are from Tissue Culture Supernatant
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105920 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionBinds free retinal and cellular retinol-binding protein-bound retinal. Can convert/oxidize retinaldehyde to retinoic acid.
PathwayCofactor metabolism; retinol metabolism.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldehyde dehydrogenase family.
- Information by UniProt
- Acetaldehyde dehydrogenase 1 antibody
- AHD2 antibody
- AL1A1_HUMAN antibody
ab105920, at a 1/200 dilution, staining ALDH1A1 in paraffin embedded Human cerebellum tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab105920 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab105920, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
All lanes : Anti-ALDH1A1 antibody [5A11] (ab105920) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 3 : THP1 cell lysate
Lane 4 : K562 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
ab105920, at a 1/200 dilution, staining ALDH1A1 in paraffin embedded Human lung cancer tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab105920 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Gunduz M et al. Identification and chemoresistance of cancer stem cells in HPV-negative oropharyngeal cancer. Oncol Lett 19:965-971 (2020). PubMed: 31897209
- Sulaiman A et al. Dual inhibition of Wnt and Yes-associated protein signaling retards the growth of triple-negative breast cancer in both mesenchymal and epithelial states. Mol Oncol N/A:N/A (2018). WB . PubMed: 29316250
- Jia D et al. An autocrine inflammatory forward-feedback loop after chemotherapy withdrawal facilitates the repopulation of drug-resistant breast cancer cells. Cell Death Dis 8:e2932 (2017). PubMed: 28703802
- Jia D et al. Cardamonin reduces chemotherapy-enriched breast cancer stem-like cells in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget 7:771-85 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26506421
- Martinez-Cruzado L et al. Aldh1 Expression and Activity Increase During Tumor Evolution in Sarcoma Cancer Stem Cell Populations. Sci Rep 6:27878 (2016). WB, IF . PubMed: 27292183