Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ALDH1A2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Dog, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ALDH1A2 antibody
See all ALDH1A2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ALDH1A2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Dog, Human, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ALDH1A2 aa 450 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human brain and liver tissue lysates and FFPE human testis tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75674 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionRecognizes as substrates free retinal and cellular retinol-binding protein-bound retinal. Does metabolize octanal and decanal but does not metabolize citral, benzaldehyde, acetaldehyde and propanal efficiently.
PathwayCofactor metabolism; retinol metabolism.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldehyde dehydrogenase family.
- Information by UniProt
- AL1A2_HUMAN antibody
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 1 member A2 antibody
- ALDH1A2 aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 family, member A2 antibody
IHC image of ab75674 staining in human testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab75674, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-ALDH1A2 antibody (ab75674) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lane 2 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Observed band size: 56 kDa
Additional bands at: 17 kDa, 46 kDa, 73 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 8 minutes
ab75674 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Kim EW et al. Vitamin A Metabolism by Dendritic Cells Triggers an Antimicrobial Response against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. mSphere 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31167948
- Langhorst H et al. The IgCAM CLMP regulates expression of Connexin43 and Connexin45 in intestinal and ureteral smooth muscle contraction in mice. Dis Model Mech 11:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29361518
- Ariza L et al. Role of the Wilms' tumor suppressor gene Wt1 in pancreatic development. Dev Dyn 247:924-933 (2018). PubMed: 29708625
- Mukaigasa K et al. Motor neurons with limb-innervating character in the cervical spinal cord are sculpted by apoptosis based on the Hox code in chick embryo. Development 144:4645-4657 (2017). IHC-Fr ; Chicken . PubMed: 29061638
- Ridge LA et al. Non-muscle myosin IIB (Myh10) is required for epicardial function and coronary vessel formation during mammalian development. PLoS Genet 13:e1007068 (2017). PubMed: 29084269
- Penny HL et al. Restoring Retinoic Acid Attenuates Intestinal Inflammation and Tumorigenesis in APCMin/+ Mice. Cancer Immunol Res 4:917-926 (2016). PubMed: 27638841
- Cano E et al. Extracardiac septum transversum/proepicardial endothelial cells pattern embryonic coronary arterio-venous connections. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:656-61 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26739565
- Sugimoto R et al. Retinoic acid metabolism links the periodical differentiation of germ cells with the cycle of Sertoli cells in mouse seminiferous epithelium. Mech Dev 128:610-24 (0). PubMed: 22200512