Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 4.7 pg/ml
- Range: 3.9 pg/ml - 250 pg/ml
- Sample type: Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Mammals
Product nameAldosterone ELISA kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Aldosterone 20 84.8pg/ml 4.5% Aldosterone 20 27.7pg/ml 4.4% Aldosterone 20 13.9pg/ml 6.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Aldosterone 13 72.6pg/ml 10.8% Aldosterone 13 24.4pg/ml 18% Aldosterone 13 10.8pg/ml 16.3%
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity= 4.7 pg/ml
Range3.9 pg/ml - 250 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Urine = 98.7 7.5pg/ml - 120pg/ml Serum = 69.8 7.5pg/ml - 120pg/ml Plasma = 108.3 7.5pg/ml - 120pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Mammals
Abcam’s Aldosterone in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Aldosterone in plasma, serum and urine.
A donkey anti-sheep IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with an alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugated- Aldosterone antigen and a polyclonal sheep antibody specific to Aldosterone. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away. pNpp substrate is added and after a short incubation the enzyme reaction is stopped and the yellow color generated is read at 405 nm. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Aldosterone captured in the plate.
Compound % Cross Reactivity
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Aldosterone Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Aldosterone Antibody 1 x 5ml Aldosterone Standard 1 x 250µl Assay Buffer 1 x 27ml Donkey anti-sheep IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Stop Solution 1 x 5ml
ab136933 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Sun JS et al. Ventromedial hypothalamic primary cilia control energy and skeletal homeostasis. J Clin Invest 131:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33021968
- Sun X et al. Paroxetine Attenuates Cardiac Hypertrophy Via Blocking GRK2 and ADRB1 Interaction in Hypertension. J Am Heart Assoc 10:e016364 (2021). PubMed: 33372534
- Manning JA et al. The ubiquitin ligase NEDD4-2/NEDD4L regulates both sodium homeostasis and fibrotic signaling to prevent end-stage renal disease. Cell Death Dis 12:398 (2021). PubMed: 33854040
- Cheng D et al. Protective effects of valsartan administration on doxorubicin-induced myocardial injury in rats and the role of oxidative stress and NOX2/NOX4 signaling. Mol Med Rep 22:4151-4162 (2020). PubMed: 33000246
- Hamzaoui M et al. Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase Inhibition Prevents Experimental Type 4 Cardiorenal Syndrome. Front Mol Biosci 7:604042 (2020). PubMed: 33777999