Product nameAldosterone ELISA kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Aldosterone 20 84.8pg/ml 4.5% Aldosterone 20 27.7pg/ml 4.4% Aldosterone 20 13.9pg/ml 6.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Aldosterone 13 72.6pg/ml 10.8% Aldosterone 13 24.4pg/ml 18% Aldosterone 13 10.8pg/ml 16.3%
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity= 4.7 pg/ml
Range3.9 pg/ml - 250 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Urine = 98.7 7.5pg/ml - 120pg/ml Serum = 69.8 7.5pg/ml - 120pg/ml Plasma = 108.3 7.5pg/ml - 120pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Mammals
Abcam’s Aldosterone in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Aldosterone in plasma, serum and urine.
A donkey anti-sheep IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with an alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugated- Aldosterone antigen and a polyclonal sheep antibody specific to Aldosterone. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away. pNpp substrate is added and after a short incubation the enzyme reaction is stopped and the yellow color generated is read at 405 nm. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Aldosterone captured in the plate.
Compound % Cross Reactivity
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Aldosterone Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Aldosterone Antibody 1 x 5ml Aldosterone Standard 1 x 250µl Assay Buffer 1 x 27ml Donkey anti-sheep IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Stop Solution 1 x 5ml
ab136933 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Tse LS et al. Glycemia Lowering Effect of an Aqueous Extract of Hedychium coronarium Leaves in Diabetic Rodent Models. Nutrients 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30875840
- Mozolevska V et al. Role of renin-angiotensin system antagonists in the prevention of bevacizumab- and sunitinib-mediated cardiac dysfunction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 316:H446-H458 (2019). PubMed: 30499710
- Kraakman MJ et al. PPAR? deacetylation dissociates thiazolidinedione's metabolic benefits from its adverse effects. J Clin Invest 128:2600-2612 (2018). PubMed: 29589839
- Cho KH et al. Blood Pressure Lowering Effect of Cuban Policosanol is Accompanied by Improvement of Hepatic Inflammation, Lipoprotein Profile, and HDL Quality in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. Molecules 23:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29751583
- Grune J et al. Selective Mineralocorticoid Receptor Cofactor Modulation as Molecular Basis for Finerenone's Antifibrotic Activity. Hypertension 71:599-608 (2018). PubMed: 29437893