Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6599] to M6PR (cation independent) - Lysosome Membrane Marker
- Suitable for: ICC
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Product nameAlexa Fluor® 488 Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] - Lysosome Membrane Marker
See all M6PR (cation independent) primary antibodies
DescriptionAlexa Fluor® 488 Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6599] to M6PR (cation independent) - Lysosome Membrane Marker
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
(Peptide available as
- ICC: HeLa cells, HAP1 WT and HAP1-IGF2R knockout cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C. Store In the Dark.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 3.90 x 10 -12 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] (ab124767)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] - Lysosome Membrane Marker (ab198324)
- Alexa Fluor® 405 Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] - Lysosome Membrane Marker (ab198515)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] - Lysosome Membrane Marker (ab203437)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] - Lysosome Membrane Marker (ab203438)
- APC Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] - Lysosome Membrane Marker (ab225131)
- PE Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] (ab225132)
- Anti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody [EPR6599] - BSA and Azide free (ab226090)
- Autophagy Analysis (ATG16L1, ATG16L1 pS278, SQSTM1, LC3B, Ubiquitin, M6PR) Antibody Sampler Panel (ab269811)
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab184807 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/50 - 1/100.
1/50 - 1/100.
FunctionTransport of phosphorylated lysosomal enzymes from the Golgi complex and the cell surface to lysosomes. Lysosomal enzymes bearing phosphomannosyl residues bind specifically to mannose-6-phosphate receptors in the Golgi apparatus and the resulting receptor-ligand complex is transported to an acidic prelyosomal compartment where the low pH mediates the dissociation of the complex. This receptor also binds IGF2. Acts as a positive regulator of T-cell coactivation, by binding DPP4.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MRL1/IGF2R family.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-II domain.
DomainContains 15 repeating units of approximately 147 AA harboring four disulfide bonds each. The most highly conserved region within the repeat consists of a stretch of 13 AA that contains cysteines at both ends.
Cellular localizationLysosome membrane. Colocalized with DPP4 in internalized cytoplasmic vesicles adjacent to the cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- 300 kDa mannose 6 phosphate receptor antibody
- 300 kDa mannose 6-phosphate receptor antibody
- Cation independent mannose 6 phosphate receptor antibody
ab184807 staining M6PR in wild-type HAP1 cells (top panel) and IGF2R knockout HAP1 cells (bottom panel). The cells were fixed with 4% PFA for 10 min., permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab184807 at 5μg/ml and ab195889 (Mouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594)) at 1/250 dilution (shown in pseudocolour red) overnight at +4°C. Nuclear DNA was labelled in blue with DAPI.
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
ab184807 staining Mannose-6-phosphate receptor in HeLa cells. The cells were fixed with 4% PFA (10min) and then blocked in 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1%PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab184807 at a working dilution of 1 in 100 overnight at +4°C (shown in green). AlexaFluor®350 WGA was used at a 1/200 dilution and incubated for 1h with the cells, to label plasma membranes (shown in blue). Nuclear DNA was labelled in red with 1.25 μM DRAQ5™ (ab108410).
ab184807 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.