Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Rabbit monoclonal [EP1255Y] to MMP9
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAlexa Fluor® 488 Anti-MMP9 antibody [EP1255Y]
See all MMP9 primary antibodies
DescriptionAlexa Fluor® 488 Rabbit monoclonal [EP1255Y] to MMP9
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- Flow Cytometry: Jurkat cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab194314 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionMay play an essential role in local proteolysis of the extracellular matrix and in leukocyte migration. Could play a role in bone osteoclastic resorption. Cleaves KiSS1 at a Gly-
-Leu bond. Cleaves type IV and type V collagen into large C-terminal three quarter fragments and shorter N-terminal one quarter fragments. Degrades fibronectin but not laminin or Pz-peptide.
Tissue specificityProduced by normal alveolar macrophages and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIntervertebral disc disease
Metaphyseal anadysplasia 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 4 hemopexin repeats.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsProcessing of the precursor yields different active forms of 64, 67 and 82 kDa. Sequentially processing by MMP3 yields the 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9 antibody
- 92 kDa gelatinase antibody
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase antibody
Overlay histogram showing Jurkat cells stained with ab194314 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab194314, 1/500 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was Rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Alexa Fluor® 488 (ab199091) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 50mW Yellow/Green laser (561nm) and 586/15 bandpass filter.
This antibody gave a positive signal in Jurkat cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 min used under the same conditions.
ab194314 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Hu CY et al. MiR-506-3p acts as a novel tumor suppressor in prostate cancer through targeting GALNT4. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 23:5133-5138 (2019). PubMed: 31298366
- Ye C et al. Beclin-1 knockdown decreases proliferation, invasion and migration of Ewing sarcoma SK-ES-1 cells via inhibition of MMP-9. Oncol Lett 15:3221-3225 (2018). PubMed: 29435061
- Guan Z et al. Resveratrol inhibits hypoxia-induced proliferation and migration of pulmonary artery vascular smooth muscle cells by inhibiting the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/protein kinase B signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 16:1653-1660 (2017). PubMed: 28656233
- Zhang J et al. UHMWPE wear particles and dendritic cells promote osteoclastogenesis of RAW264.7 cells through RANK-activated NF-?B/MAPK/AKT pathways. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 10:9400-9408 (2017). PubMed: 31966812