Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Rabbit monoclonal [EPR12763] to NeuN - Neuronal Marker
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Product nameAlexa Fluor® 488 Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] - Neuronal Marker
See all NeuN primary antibodies
DescriptionAlexa Fluor® 488 Rabbit monoclonal [EPR12763] to NeuN - Neuronal Marker
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 488. Ex: 495nm, Em: 519nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Goat, Cat, Dog, Zebrafish, Common marmoset
Synthetic peptide within Human NeuN aa 1-100 (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: A6NFN3
- ICC/IF: NGF-differentiated PC12 cells and U-87 MG cells. IHC-Fr: Rat Brain (Normal). Flow Cyt: U-87 MG cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] - Neuronal Marker (ab177487)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] - Neuronal Marker (ab190565)
- Biotin Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] (ab204681)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] - Neuronal Marker (ab207279)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] - Neuronal Marker (ab207281)
- Alexa Fluor® 568 Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] - Neuronal Marker (ab207282)
- Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] - BSA and Azide free (ab209898)
- FITC Anti-NeuN antibody [EPR12763] - Neuronal Marker (ab223994)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab190195 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/250.|
ab199091 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488), is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Before commencing with immunostaining protocol, perform heat mediated antigen retrieval using sodium citrate buffer, pH6.
FunctionRNA-binding protein that regulates alternative splicing events.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ56884 antibody
- FLJ58356 antibody
- Fox-1 homolog C antibody
IHC image of ab190195 staining in acetone fixed frozen tissue section of normal rat brain.
The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6) in a Dako Pascal pressure cooker using the standard factory-set regime. Non-specific protein-protein interactions were then blocked using in TBS containing 0.025% (v/v) Triton X-100, 0.3M (w/v) glycine and 3% (w/v) BSA for 1h at room temperature. The section was then incubated with ab190195 (1/50) in TBS containing 0.025% (v/v) Triton X-100 and 3% (w/v) BSA overnight at +4°C. The section was then counterstained and mounted with SlowFade® Gold Antifade Mountant with DAPI.
The DAPI only control (no antibody) inset shows no autofluorescence, demonstrating that any Alexa Fluor® 488 signal is dervied directly from bound ab190195. The separate images of ab190195 and DAPI alone, combined with the merged version of both signals, shows predominant co-localisation of the Alexa Fluor® 488 signal in the nuclei of the hippocampal granular layer.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated), customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, antibody concentrations and incubation times.
ab190195 staining NeuN in U87-MG cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5min) and then blocked in 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab190195 at 1/50 dilution (shown in green) and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin) at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C, followed by a further incubation at room temperature for 1h with an Alexa Fluor® 594 Goat anti-Mouse secondary (ab150120) at 2 μg/ml (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled in blue with DAPI.
Overlay histogram showing U-87MG cells stained with ab190195 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab190195, 1/500 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Alexa Fluor® 488 used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
This antibody gave a positive signal in U-87MG fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab190195 staining NeuN in NGF-differentiated PC12 cells (7 days). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5min) and then blocked in 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab190195 at 1/50 dilution (shown in green) and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin) at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C, followed by a further incubation at room temperature for 1h with an Alexa Fluor® 594 Goat anti-Mouse secondary (ab150120) at 2 μg/ml (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled in blue with DAPI.
ab190195 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Wiatrak B et al. PC12 Cell Line: Cell Types, Coating of Culture Vessels, Differentiation and Other Culture Conditions. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32295099
- Kazemi T et al. Investigating the influence of perinatal nicotine and alcohol exposure on the genetic profiles of dopaminergic neurons in the VTA using miRNA-mRNA analysis. Sci Rep 10:15016 (2020). PubMed: 32929144
- Drissi I et al. Memory and plasticity impairment after binge drinking in adolescent rat hippocampus: GluN2A/GluN2B NMDA receptor subunits imbalance through HDAC2. Addict Biol N/A:e12760 (2019). PubMed: 31056842
- Zhao Z et al. Neuroprotective Effects of Genistein in a SOD1-G93A Transgenic Mouse Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31321663
- Du H et al. Modified CLARITY Achieving Faster and Better Intact Mouse Brain Clearing and Immunostaining. Sci Rep 9:10571 (2019). PubMed: 31332235