Key features and details
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Mouse monoclonal [1A4] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 594. Ex: 590nm, Em: 617nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAlexa Fluor® 594 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4]
See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionAlexa Fluor® 594 Mouse monoclonal [1A4] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 594. Ex: 590nm, Em: 617nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Sheep, Goat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cat, Dog, Human, Snake, Zebrafish
- ICC/IF: SV40LT-SMC cells.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typekappa
- Biotin Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab125057)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab184675)
- HRP Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab203696)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] - BSA and Azide free (ab240654)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab7817)
- FITC Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab8211)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab202368 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This product gave a positive signal in SV40LT-SMC cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and 100% methanol (5 min).
ab178001 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a (Alexa Fluor® 594), is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
ab202368 staining alpha smooth muscle Actin in SV40LT-SMC cells. The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab202368 at 1/200 dilution (shown in red) and ab195887, Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 488), at 1/250 dilution (shown in green). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
This product also gave a positive signal under the same testing conditions in SV40LT-SMC cells fixed with 100% methanol (5min).
ab202368 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Arunsan P et al. Programmed knockout mutation of liver fluke granulin attenuates virulence of infection-induced hepatobiliary morbidity. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30644359
- Chen MH et al. Injectable Supramolecular Hydrogel/Microgel Composites for Therapeutic Delivery. Macromol Biosci 19:e1800248 (2019). PubMed: 30259658
- Rana BMJ et al. A stromal cell niche sustains ILC2-mediated type-2 conditioning in adipose tissue. J Exp Med 216:1999-2009 (2019). PubMed: 31248899
- Ale-Agha N et al. CDKN1B/p27 is localized in mitochondria and improves respiration-dependent processes in the cardiovascular system-New mode of action for caffeine. PLoS Biol 16:e2004408 (2018). PubMed: 29927970
- Burwinkel M et al. Intravenous injection of beta-amyloid seeds promotes cerebral amyloid angiopathy (CAA). Acta Neuropathol Commun 6:23 (2018). PubMed: 29506560
- Capone C et al. Mechanistic insights into a TIMP3-sensitive pathway constitutively engaged in the regulation of cerebral hemodynamics. Elife 5:N/A (2016). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 27476853