Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Rabbit monoclonal [EPR14873] to RAB8A - C-terminal
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 594. Ex: 590nm, Em: 617nm
Product nameAlexa Fluor® 594 Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal
See all RAB8A primary antibodies
DescriptionAlexa Fluor® 594 Rabbit monoclonal [EPR14873] to RAB8A - C-terminal
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 594. Ex: 590nm, Em: 617nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human RAB8A aa 150 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P61006
- ICC/IF: HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] (ab188574)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (ab207548)
- HRP Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (ab209046)
- PE Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (ab210666)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - C-terminal (ab212004)
- Anti-RAB8A antibody [EPR14873] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab221780)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab212006 in the following tested applications.
This product gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 100% methanol (5 min).
FunctionMay be involved in vesicular trafficking and neurotransmitter release. Together with RAB11A, RAB3IP, the exocyst complex, PARD3, PRKCI, ANXA2, CDC42 and DNMBP promotes transcytosis of PODXL to the apical membrane initiation sites (AMIS), apical surface formation and lumenogenesis. Together with MYO5B and RAB11A participates in epithelial cell polarization.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rab family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Cell projection. Colocalizes with OPTN at the Golgi complex and in vesicular structures close to the plasma membrane. In the GDP-bound form, present in the perinuclear region. Shows a polarized distribution to distal regions of cell protrusions in the GTP-bound form. Colocalizes with PARD3, PRKCI, EXOC5, OCLN, PODXL and RAB11A in apical membrane initiation sites (AMIS) during the generation of apical surface and luminogenesis.
- Information by UniProt
- AA409338 antibody
- MEL antibody
- Mel transforming oncogene (derived from cell line NK14) RAB8 homolog antibody
ab212006 staining RAB8A - C-terminal in HeLa cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab212006 at 1/100 dilution (pseudocolored in red) and ab195887, Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 488), at 1/250 dilution (shown in green). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
ab212006 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.