Product nameAlizarin yellow R, Azo dye
- 2-hydroxy-5-[(4-nitrophenyl)diazenyl]benzoic acid
- 5-(4-Nitrophenylazo)salicylic acid
- 5-(p-Nitrophenylazo)salicylic acid
Azo dye used as a pH indicator.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water and in ethanol
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Ihara K et al. The separation of aluminum(III) ions from the aqueous solution on membrane filter using Alizarin Yellow R. Talanta 75:944-9 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18585167) »
- Brown JP et al. Mutagenicity testing of certified food colors and related azo, xanthene and triphenylmethane dyes with the Salmonella/microsome system. Mutat Res 56:249-71 (1978). Read more (PubMed: 342943) »