Key features and details
- Potent, cell-permeable calpain inhibitor. Highly potent cathepsin inhibitor.
- CAS Number: 136632-32-1
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in DMSO to 50 mM and in ethanol to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameALLM, calpain inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, cell-permeable calpain inhibitor. Highly potent cathepsin inhibitor.
Biological descriptionPotent, cell-permeable calpain inhibitor (Ki values and 120 and 230 nM at calpain I and II respectively). Highly potent cathepsin inhibitor (Ki values are 0.6 and 100 nM at cathepsin L and B respectively). Promotes caspase-dependent apoptosis in cancer cells. Antitumor agent. Active in vivo and in vitro.
SequenceLLM (Modifications: N-terminal acetyl; C-terminal aldehyde)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM and in ethanol to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Cathepsin B Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65300)
- Cathepsin D Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65302)
- Cathepsin K Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65303)
- Cathepsin H Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65305)
- Cathepsin L Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65306)
- Calpain Activity Assay Kit (ab65308)
- Cathepsin D Inhibitor Assay Kit (ab126779)
- Cathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab126780)
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141446 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.