Key features and details
- Potent, cell-permeable calpain inhibitor. Highly potent cathepsin inhibitor.
- CAS Number: 136632-32-1
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in DMSO to 50 mM and in ethanol to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameALLM, calpain inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, cell-permeable calpain inhibitor. Highly potent cathepsin inhibitor.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 1835 Calpain Inhibitor II, ALLM. 1835-25 is the same size as the 25 mg size of ab141446.
SequenceLLM (Modifications: N-terminal acetyl; C-terminal aldehyde)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM and in ethanol to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Cathepsin B Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65300)
- Cathepsin D Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65302)
- Cathepsin K Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65303)
- Cathepsin H Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65305)
- Cathepsin L Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab65306)
- Calpain Activity Assay Kit (ab65308)
- Cathepsin D Inhibitor Assay Kit (ab126779)
- Cathepsin G Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab126780)
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141446 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Wu Y et al. The effects of Cstb duplication on APP/amyloid-ß pathology and cathepsin B activity in a mouse model. PLoS One 16:e0242236 (2021). PubMed: 34292972
- Joy-Immediato M et al. Junctional ER Organization Affects Mechanotransduction at Cadherin-Mediated Adhesions. Front Cell Dev Biol 9:669086 (2021). PubMed: 34222239