Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ALMS1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ALMS1 antibody
See all ALMS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ALMS1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within amino acids 1200-1250 of human ALMS1 (EAW99731.1).
- HeLa Cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab84892 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to ALMS1 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84892 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Acetone fixation is not recommended.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionPossible role in intracellular trafficking.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested including adipose and pancreas. Expressed by beta-cells of the islets in the pancreas (at protein level).
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALMS1 are the cause of Alstrom syndrome (ALMS) [MIM:203800]. Alstrom syndrome is a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by progressive cone-rod retinal dystrophy, neurosensory hearing loss, early childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Dilated cardiomyopathy, acanthosis nigricans, male hypogonadism, hypothyroidism, developmental delay and hepatic dysfunction can also be associated with the syndrome.
Developmental stageWidely expressed in fetal tissues. Detected in fetal pancreas, skeletal muscle, liver, kidney and brain (at protein level). Expressed in fetal aorta and brain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > cilium basal body. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle pole. Associated with centrosomes and basal body at the base of primary cilia. During mitosis localizes to both spindle poles.
- Information by UniProt
- Alms1 antibody
- ALMS1_HUMAN antibody
- ALSS antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab84892 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chen JH et al. Refining genotype-phenotype correlation in Alström syndrome through study of primary human fibroblasts. Mol Genet Genomic Med 5:390-404 (2017). PubMed: 28717663
- Braune K et al. Characterization of Alstrom Syndrome 1 (ALMS1) Transcript Variants in Hodgkin Lymphoma Cells. PLoS One 12:e0170694 (2017). PubMed: 28135309
- Chen JH et al. Evaluation of human dermal fibroblasts directly reprogrammed to adipocyte-like cells as a metabolic disease model. Dis Model Mech 10:1411-1420 (2017). PubMed: 28982679
- Chen JH et al. Truncation of POC1A associated with short stature and extreme insulin resistance. J Mol Endocrinol 55:147-58 (2015). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 26336158