Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to alpha 1 Antitrypsin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-alpha 1 Antitrypsin antibody
See all alpha 1 Antitrypsin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha 1 Antitrypsin
SpecificityThe antibody is specific against human alpha-1-antitrypsin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Alpha-1-antitrypsin isolated from human serum.
- IHC-P: Human tonsil tissue. ICC/IF: HepG2 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9373 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionInhibitor of serine proteases. Its primary target is elastase, but it also has a moderate affinity for plasmin and thrombin. Irreversibly inhibits trypsin, chymotrypsin and plasminogen activator. The aberrant form inhibits insulin-induced NO synthesis in platelets, decreases coagulation time and has proteolytic activity against insulin and plasmin.
Short peptide from AAT: reversible chymotrypsin inhibitor. It also inhibits elastase, but not trypsin. Its major physiological function is the protection of the lower respiratory tract against proteolytic destruction by human leukocyte elastase (HLE).
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Expressed in leukocytes and plasma.
Involvement in diseaseAlpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
DomainThe reactive center loop (RCL) extends out from the body of the protein and directs binding to the target protease. The protease cleaves the serpin at the reactive site within the RCL, establishing a covalent linkage between the carboxyl group of the serpin reactive site and the serine hydroxyl of the protease. The resulting inactive serpin-protease complex is highly stable.
modificationsN-glycosylated. Differential glycosylation produces a number of isoforms. N-linked glycan at Asn-107 is alternatively di-antennary, tri-antennary or tetra-antennary. The glycan at Asn-70 is di-antennary with trace amounts of tri-antennary. Glycan at Asn-271 is exclusively di-antennary. Structure of glycans at Asn-70 and Asn-271 is Hex5HexNAc4. The structure of the antennae is Neu5Ac(alpha1-6)Gal(beta1-4)GlcNAc attached to the core structure Man(alpha1-6)[Man(alpha1-3)]Man(beta1-4)GlcNAc(beta1-4)GlcNAc. Some antennae are fucosylated, which forms a Lewis-X determinant.
Proteolytic processing may yield the truncated form that ranges from Asp-30 to Lys-418.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Endoplasmic reticulum. The S and Z allele are not secreted effectively and accumulate intracellularly in the endoplasmic reticulum and Secreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- A1A antibody
- A1AT antibody
- A1AT_HUMAN antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human tonsil tissue labelling alpha 1 Antitrypsin with ab9373.
ICC/IF image of ab9373 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab9373, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab9373 staining alpha 1 Antitrypsin in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab9373 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Smith SM & Melrose J A Retrospective Analysis of the Cartilage Kunitz Protease Inhibitory Proteins Identifies These as Members of the Inter-a-Trypsin Inhibitor Superfamily with Potential Roles in the Protection of the Articulatory Surface. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30678366
- Skurikhin EG et al. Endothelial Progenitor Cells as Pathogenetic and Diagnostic Factors, and Potential Targets for GLP-1 in Combination with Metabolic Syndrome and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30836679
- Tang W et al. Chemical cocktails enable hepatic reprogramming of human urine-derived cells with a single transcription factor. Acta Pharmacol Sin 40:620-629 (2019). PubMed: 30315254
- Mun SJ et al. Generation of expandable human pluripotent stem cell-derived hepatocyte-like liver organoids. J Hepatol 71:970-985 (2019). PubMed: 31299272
- Ookawa S et al. Digital Polymerase Chain Reaction Quantification of SERPINA1 Predicts Prognosis in High-Grade Glioma. World Neurosurg 111:e783-e789 (2018). PubMed: 29309973
- Laohaviroj M et al. A comparative proteomic analysis of bile for biomarkers of cholangiocarcinoma. Tumour Biol 39:1010428317705764 (2017). PubMed: 28618946
- Jacobo SM et al. Age-related macular degeneration-associated silent polymorphisms in HtrA1 impair its ability to antagonize insulin-like growth factor 1. Mol Cell Biol 33:1976-90 (2013). PubMed: 23478260
- Kamimura K et al. Parameters Affecting Image-guided, Hydrodynamic Gene Delivery to Swine Liver. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 2:e128 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24129227
- Kamimura K et al. Image-guided, intravascular hydrodynamic gene delivery to skeletal muscle in pigs. Mol Ther 18:93-100 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19738603