Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AT6/172] to alpha Actinin/ACTN1
- Suitable for: ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-alpha Actinin/ACTN1 antibody [AT6/172]
See all alpha Actinin/ACTN1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AT6/172] to alpha Actinin/ACTN1
Recognizes and is specific for human alpha Actinin 1/ACTN1 isoform (non-muscle) at 100 kDa.
This antibody may recognize other isoforms of alpha-actinin (1-4). There is no specific epitope information available.
The clone number has been updated from (0.T.02) to (AT6/172) both clone numbers name the same antibody clone.
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species ICCHuman
Full length protein corresponding to Human alpha Actinin/ACTN1.
Database link: P12814
- ICC: HeLa cells, ioSkeletal Myocytes - Human iPSC-Derived Skeletal Myocytes (ab277612).
This product was previously labelled as alpha Actinin
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18061 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.
FunctionF-actin cross-linking protein which is thought to anchor actin to a variety of intracellular structures. This is a bundling protein.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha-actinin family.
Contains 1 actin-binding domain.
Contains 2 CH (calponin-homology) domains.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Contains 4 spectrin repeats.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > Z line. Colocalizes with MYOZ2 and PPP3CA at the Z-line of heart and skeletal muscle.
- Information by UniProt
- actinin 1 smooth muscle antibody
- Actinin alpha 1 antibody
- actinin, alpha 1 antibody
Immunofluorescence staining of Actinin/ACTN1 using ab18061 in ioSkeletal Myocytes - Human iPSC-Derived Skeletal Myocytes (ab277612), which were differentiated for 10 days post induction.
The cells were fixed with 100% MeOH (5 min) and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab18061 at 5 µg/mL and ab6046, rabbit polyclonal to beta Tubulin, at 1/1000 dilution. Cells were then incubated with ab150117, Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed at 1/1000 dilution (shown in green) and ab150088, Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) preadsorbed at 1/1000 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was acquired with a high-content analyser (Operetta CLS, Perkin Elmer) and a maximum intensity projection of confocal sections is shown. Gamma is adjusted to 1.5 in all channels.
ICC/IF image of ab18061 stained HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells. The cells were fixed in 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes and then incubated in 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3 M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1 hour to permeabilize the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab18061, 1 µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1 hour. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM.
ab18061 has been referenced in 25 publications.
- Tousley A et al. Huntingtin associates with the actin cytoskeleton and a-actinin isoforms to influence stimulus dependent morphology changes. PLoS One 14:e0212337 (2019). PubMed: 30768638
- Miki T et al. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Derivation and Ex Vivo Gene Correction Using a Mucopolysaccharidosis Type 1 Disease Mouse Model. Stem Cells Int 2019:6978303 (2019). PubMed: 31065277
- Tousley A et al. Rac1 Activity Is Modulated by Huntingtin and Dysregulated in Models of Huntington's Disease. J Huntingtons Dis 8:53-69 (2019). PubMed: 30594931
- Oury J et al. MACF1 links Rapsyn to microtubule- and actin-binding proteins to maintain neuromuscular synapses. J Cell Biol 218:1686-1705 (2019). PubMed: 30842214
- van den Dries K et al. Modular actin nano-architecture enables podosome protrusion and mechanosensing. Nat Commun 10:5171 (2019). PubMed: 31729386