Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [MAC 276] to alpha Actinin/ACTN1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Chicken, Human, Drosophila melanogaster, Waterbug
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-alpha Actinin/ACTN1 antibody [MAC 276]
See all alpha Actinin/ACTN1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [MAC 276] to alpha Actinin/ACTN1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Chicken, Human, Drosophila melanogaster, Waterbug
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Waterbug alpha Actinin/ACTN1.
- In Western Blot, this antibody gave a positive signal in human and rat skeletal muscle tissue lysates, and in rat heart tissue lysate. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal bladder.
This product was previously labelled as alpha Actinin
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Clone numberMAC 276
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50599 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab18450 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 103 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 103 kDa).|
FunctionF-actin cross-linking protein which is thought to anchor actin to a variety of intracellular structures. This is a bundling protein.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha-actinin family.
Contains 1 actin-binding domain.
Contains 2 CH (calponin-homology) domains.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Contains 4 spectrin repeats.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > Z line. Colocalizes with MYOZ2 and PPP3CA at the Z-line of heart and skeletal muscle.
- Information by UniProt
- actinin 1 smooth muscle antibody
- Actinin alpha 1 antibody
- actinin, alpha 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-alpha Actinin/ACTN1 antibody [MAC 276] (ab50599) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate - total protein (ab29330)
Lane 2 : Heart (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Skeletal Muscle (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Peroxidase Conjugated AffiniPure Rabbit Anti-Rat IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 103 kDa
Observed band size: 103 kDa
Exposure time: 8 minutes
IHC image of alpha Actin staining in Human normal bladder formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section. The section was pre-treated using pressure cooker heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6) for 20 mins at 98°C. The section was incubated with ab50599, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature. A Goat anti-Rat biotinylated secondary antibody was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. The section was counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ICC/IF image of ab68826 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab50599 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti- rat IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab50599 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab50599, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rat IgG (H+L) (ab98386) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rat IgG2a, kappa monoclonal [aRTK2758] (ab18450, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab50599 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Puhl SL et al. Role of type 2A phosphatase regulatory subunit B56a in regulating cardiac responses to ß-adrenergic stimulation in vivo. Cardiovasc Res 115:519-529 (2019). PubMed: 30203051
- Valarmathi MT et al. Functional Tissue Engineering: A Prevascularized Cardiac Muscle Construct for Validating Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Engraftment Potential In Vitro. Tissue Eng Part A 24:157-185 (2018). PubMed: 28457188
- Xiang Q et al. ISL1 overexpression enhances the survival of transplanted human mesenchymal stem cells in a murine myocardial infarction model. Stem Cell Res Ther 9:51 (2018). PubMed: 29482621
- Zhao X & Karpac J Muscle Directs Diurnal Energy Homeostasis through a Myokine-Dependent Hormone Module in Drosophila. Curr Biol 27:1941-1955.e6 (2017). PubMed: 28669758
- Sehring IM et al. An equatorial contractile mechanism drives cell elongation but not cell division. PLoS Biol 12:e1001781 (2014). ICC/IF ; Sea tunicate . PubMed: 24503569
- Chechenova MB et al. The Drosophila Z-disc protein Z(210) is an adult muscle isoform of Zasp52, which is required for normal myofibril organization in indirect flight muscles. J Biol Chem 288:3718-26 (2013). IHC-Fr ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 23271733
- Kreisköther N et al. Drosophila Rolling pebbles colocalises and putatively interacts with alpha-Actinin and the Sls isoform Zormin in the Z-discs of the sarcomere and with Dumbfounded/Kirre, alpha-Actinin and Zormin in the terminal Z-discs. J Muscle Res Cell Motil : (2006). PubMed: 16625315
- Lakey A et al. Identification and localization of high molecular weight proteins in insect flight and leg muscle. EMBO J 9:3459-67 (1990). PubMed: 2209553