Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Alpha B Crystallin
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, ICC, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Alpha B Crystallin antibody
See all Alpha B Crystallin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Alpha B Crystallin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, ICC, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Hamster
- Recombinant Human Alpha B Crystallin protein (ab48779) can be used as a positive control in WB.
General notesFor maximum product recovery, after thawing, centrifuge the product vial before removing cap
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13497 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa).|
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionMay contribute to the transparency and refractive index of the lens.
Tissue specificityLens as well as other tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CRYAB are the cause of myofibrillar alpha-B crystallin-related (MFM-CRYAB) [MIM:608810]. A neuromuscular disorder that results in weakness of the proximal and distal limb muscles, weakness of the neck, velopharynx and trunk muscles, hypetrophic cardiomyopathy, and cataract in a subset of patients.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small heat shock protein (HSP20) family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocates to the nucleus during heat shock and resides in sub-nuclear structures known as SC35 speckles or nuclear splicing speckles.
- Information by UniProt
- AACRYA antibody
- Alpha B crystallin antibody
- Alpha crystallin B chain antibody
Alpha B Crystallin was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Mouse Spinal Cord tissue, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Alpha B Crystallin and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Mouse Spinal Cord tissue lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab13497.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 22kDa; Alpha B Crystallin
Anti-Alpha B Crystallin antibody (ab13497) at 1/1000 dilution + Human spinal cord tissue lysate - total protein (ab29188) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab13497 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Besnard V et al. Identification of periplakin as a major regulator of lung injury and repair in mice. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29515024
- Zhang Y et al. BYD Ameliorates Oxidative Stress-Induced Myocardial Apoptosis in Heart Failure Post-Acute Myocardial Infarction via the P38 MAPK-CRYAB Signaling Pathway. Front Physiol 9:505 (2018). PubMed: 29867551
- Schmitt A et al. Effects of 10 weeks of regular running exercise with and without parallel PDTC treatment on expression of genes encoding sarcomere-associated proteins in murine skeletal muscle. Cell Stress Chaperones 23:1041-1054 (2018). PubMed: 29797237
- Guo H et al. Exercise-responsive phosphoproteins in the heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol 111:61-68 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28826663
- Cox D & Ecroyd H The small heat shock proteins aB-crystallin (HSPB5) and Hsp27 (HSPB1) inhibit the intracellular aggregation of a-synuclein. Cell Stress Chaperones 22:589-600 (2017). PubMed: 28337642