Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Alpha B Crystallin (phospho S59)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Alpha B Crystallin (phospho S59) antibody
See all Alpha B Crystallin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Alpha B Crystallin (phospho S59)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Rabbit, Hamster, Pig, Cynomolgus monkey
- U373 MG cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 3% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5577 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 20 kDa.|
FunctionMay contribute to the transparency and refractive index of the lens.
Tissue specificityLens as well as other tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CRYAB are the cause of myofibrillar alpha-B crystallin-related (MFM-CRYAB) [MIM:608810]. A neuromuscular disorder that results in weakness of the proximal and distal limb muscles, weakness of the neck, velopharynx and trunk muscles, hypetrophic cardiomyopathy, and cataract in a subset of patients.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small heat shock protein (HSP20) family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocates to the nucleus during heat shock and resides in sub-nuclear structures known as SC35 speckles or nuclear splicing speckles.
- Information by UniProt
- AACRYA antibody
- Alpha B crystallin antibody
- Alpha crystallin B chain antibody
ab5577 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Dimauro I et al. The early response of aB-crystallin to a single bout of aerobic exercise in mouse skeletal muscles depends upon fiber oxidative features. Redox Biol 24:101183 (2019). PubMed: 30974319
- Yu W et al. Lens-specific conditional knockout of Msx2 in mice leads to ocular anterior segment dysgenesis via activation of a calcium signaling pathway. Lab Invest N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30683901
- Zhang Y et al. BYD Ameliorates Oxidative Stress-Induced Myocardial Apoptosis in Heart Failure Post-Acute Myocardial Infarction via the P38 MAPK-CRYAB Signaling Pathway. Front Physiol 9:505 (2018). PubMed: 29867551
- Guo H et al. Exercise-responsive phosphoproteins in the heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol 111:61-68 (2017). PubMed: 28826663
- Kuipers HF et al. Phosphorylation of aB-crystallin supports reactive astrogliosis in demyelination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E1745-E1754 (2017). PubMed: 28196893
- Dammer EB et al. Quantitative phosphoproteomics of Alzheimer's disease reveals cross-talk between kinases and small heat shock proteins. Proteomics 15:508-19 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25332170
- Mitra A et al. Cardioprotective role of P38 MAPK during myocardial infarction via parallel activation of a-crystallin B and Nrf2. J Cell Physiol 229:1272-82 (2014). PubMed: 24464634
- Rajasekaran NS et al. Sustained activation of nuclear erythroid 2-related factor 2/antioxidant response element signaling promotes reductive stress in the human mutant protein aggregation cardiomyopathy in mice. Antioxid Redox Signal 14:957-71 (2011). WB, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21126175
- Burniston JG et al. Proteomic analysis reveals perturbed energy metabolism and elevated oxidative stress in hearts of rats with inborn low aerobic capacity. Proteomics 11:3369-79 (2011). PubMed: 21751351