Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to alpha Internexin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-alpha Internexin antibody
See all alpha Internexin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha Internexin
SpecificitySpecifically recognizes a-internexin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Predicted to work with: Human, Mammals
Recombinant full length protein (Rat)
- WB: Mouse, rat and cow spinal cord lysate. ICC/IF: Rat cerebellum section. IHC-P: Human normal temporal cortex tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservatives: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.164% Sodium phosphate, 1.45% Sodium chloride, 1.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7259 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/20000. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.|
|IHC-FoFr||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionClass-IV neuronal intermediate filament that is able to self-assemble. It is involved in the morphogenesis of neurons. It may form an independent structural network without the involvement of other neurofilaments or it may cooperate with NF-L to form the filamentous backbone to which NF-M and NF-H attach to form the cross-bridges.
Tissue specificityFound predominantly in adult CNS.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
Developmental stageExpressed in brain as early as the 16th week of gestation, and increased rapidly and reached a steady state level by the 18th week of gestation.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- 66 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- AINX_HUMAN antibody
- Alpha Inx antibody
All lanes : Anti-alpha Internexin antibody (ab7259) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Protein standard
Lane 2 : Mouse spinal cord lysate
Lane 3 : Rat spinal cord lysate
Lane 4 : Cow spinal cord lysate
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of rat cerebellum section stained for alpha Internexin using ab7259 at a 1/2000 dilution (green) co-strained with chicken polyclonal antibody to GFAP at a 1/5000 dilution (red). DAPI was used to stain nuclear DNA (blue).
Following transcardial perfusion with 4% paraformaldehyde, brain was post-fixed for 24 hours, cut to 45 μM, and free-floating sections were stained.
Ab7259 shows red, neuronal progenitor cells, plectin (not one of our antibodies) shows fibroblast marker. Photo courtesy of: Dr. Gerry Shaw University of Florida
Ab7259 staining Human normal temporal cortex. Staining is localised to intracellualr compartment.
Left panel: with primary antibody diluted 1:2000. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer citrate pH6.1 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab7259 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7259, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab7259 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Nakamura M et al. A truncating SOD1 mutation, p.Gly141X, is associated with clinical and pathologic heterogeneity, including frontotemporal lobar degeneration. Acta Neuropathol 130:145-57 (2015). PubMed: 25917047
- Karpova A et al. Encoding and transducing the synaptic or extrasynaptic origin of NMDA receptor signals to the nucleus. Cell 152:1119-33 (2013). ICC/IF, WB ; Rabbit . PubMed: 23452857
- Balko JM et al. Profiling of residual breast cancers after neoadjuvant chemotherapy identifies DUSP4 deficiency as a mechanism of drug resistance. Nat Med 18:1052-9 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22683778
- Samara A et al. Proteomics reveal rat hippocampal lateral asymmetry. Hippocampus 21:108-19 (2011). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 20020437
- Snowden JS et al. The clinical diagnosis of early-onset dementias: diagnostic accuracy and clinicopathological relationships. Brain 134:2478-92 (2011). PubMed: 21840888