Product nameAnti-alpha Internexin antibody [EP676Y]
See all alpha Internexin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP676Y] to alpha Internexin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, WB, Flow Cyt, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Does not react with: Apteronotus leptorhynchus
Synthetic peptide within Human alpha Internexin aa 400-500. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- SHSY5Y cell lysate, human brain
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents
This product is a recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Anti-alpha Internexin antibody [EP676Y] (Phycoerythrin) (ab208993)
- Anti-alpha Internexin antibody [EP676Y] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab211690)
- Anti-alpha Internexin antibody [EP676Y] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab211806)
- Anti-alpha Internexin antibody [EP676Y] (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab212095)
- Anti-alpha Internexin antibody [EP676Y] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab214850)
- Anti-alpha Internexin antibody [EP676Y] (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab215662)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40758 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500.|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionClass-IV neuronal intermediate filament that is able to self-assemble. It is involved in the morphogenesis of neurons. It may form an independent structural network without the involvement of other neurofilaments or it may cooperate with NF-L to form the filamentous backbone to which NF-M and NF-H attach to form the cross-bridges.
Tissue specificityFound predominantly in adult CNS.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
Developmental stageExpressed in brain as early as the 16th week of gestation, and increased rapidly and reached a steady state level by the 18th week of gestation.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- 66 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- AINX_HUMAN antibody
- Alpha Inx antibody
Anti-alpha Internexin antibody [EP676Y] (ab40758) at 1/10000 dilution + SHSY5Y cell lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab40758 staining alpha Internexin in rat brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed by perfusion with formaldehyde, permeablized with 0.01% Triton X-100, blocked with 5% serum for 2 hours at 4°C and antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/250) at 4°C for 10 hours. An undiluted Alexa Fluor® 555-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Positive staining of alpha Internexin on paraffin-embedded human brain tissue (A) using ab40758 diluited 1:250. Negative staining of paraffin-embedded human colon (B), Kidney (C) and uterus (D) tissues using ab40758 under the same conditions.
ab40758 staining alpha Internexin in rat glial cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with saponin and blocked with 1% BSA for 10 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 10 hours at 4°C. An undiluted Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunofluorescent staining of alpha Internexin on PC 12 cells using ab40758 diluted 1:250.
This product has been referenced in:
- Iqbal J et al. Selenium positively affects the proteome of 3 × Tg-AD mice cortex by altering the expression of various key proteins: unveiling the mechanistic role of selenium in AD prevention. J Neurosci Res 96:1798-1815 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30054946) »
- Ayyadevara S et al. Proteins that mediate protein aggregation and cytotoxicity distinguish Alzheimer's hippocampus from normal controls. Aging Cell 15:924-39 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 27448508) »