Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to alpha smooth muscle Actin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody
See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to alpha smooth muscle Actin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog, Pig
- WB: Human and mouse duodenum tissue lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21027 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
ab21027 has been referenced in 67 publications.
- Sun C et al. Meis2 represses the osteoblastic transdifferentiation of aortic valve interstitial cells through the Notch1/Twist1 pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 509:455-461 (2019). PubMed: 30594396
- Luo H et al. The Role of Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid on Dedifferentiation of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells by Modulation of Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and as an Oral Drug Inhibiting In-Stent Restenosis. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 33:25-33 (2019). PubMed: 30663009
- Feng H et al. Autophagy resists EMT process to maintain retinal pigment epithelium homeostasis. Int J Biol Sci 15:507-521 (2019). PubMed: 30745838
- Chen X et al. Increase of glandular epithelial cell clusters by an external volume expansion device promotes adipose tissue regeneration by recruiting macrophages. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30760630
- Wakasugi T et al. Role of smooth muscle cell p53 in pulmonary arterial hypertension. PLoS One 14:e0212889 (2019). PubMed: 30807606