Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E184] to alpha smooth muscle Actin (APC)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rat
- Conjugation: APC. Ex: 645nm, Em: 660nm
Product nameAnti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] (APC)
See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E184] to alpha smooth muscle Actin (APC)
ConjugationAPC. Ex: 645nm, Em: 660nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human alpha smooth muscle Actin (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P62736
- Flow Cyt: SV40LT-SMC cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab196919)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] (HRP) (ab196920)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab197240)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] (PE) (ab209435)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] (Alexa Fluor® 405) (ab210128)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] - BSA and Azide free (ab215368)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] (FITC) (ab223920)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [E184] (ab32575)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab223921 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The cellular localisation of this product has been verified in ICC/IF.
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
Overlay histogram showing SV40LT-SMC cells stained with ab223921 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 minutes) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 minutes. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab223921, 1/5000 dilution) for 30 minutes at 22°C.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was Rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Allophycocyanin used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabeled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 40 mW Red laser (640nm) and 670/14 bandpass filter.
This antibody gave a positive signal in SV40LT-SMC cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 minutes)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 minutes used under the same conditions.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab223921 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.