Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5368] to alpha smooth muscle Actin (Alexa Fluor® 568)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 568. Ex: 578nm, Em: 603nm
Product nameAnti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (Alexa Fluor® 568)
See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5368] to alpha smooth muscle Actin (Alexa Fluor® 568)
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 568. Ex: 578nm, Em: 603nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human alpha smooth muscle Actin aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P62736
- ICC/IF: SV40LT-SMC cells
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.20 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (ab124964)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab202295)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab202296)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab202509)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab202510)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (PE) (ab208844)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] - BSA and Azide free (ab220795)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (APC) (ab225143)
- U937 cytoplasmic extract lysate (ab14904)
- A431 whole cell lysate (ab30132)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab30151)
- Mouse heart normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab30291)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7188)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (14 days) (ab7189)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (7 days) (ab7190)
- Mouse heart tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7193)
- Mouse heart tissue lysate - total protein (14 days) (ab7194)
- Mouse heart tissue lysate - total protein (7 days) (ab7196)
- HEK293 whole cell lysate (ab7902)
- A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab201847 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This product gave a positive signal in SV40LT-SMC cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min).
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
ab201847 staining alpha smooth muscle Actin in SV40LT-SMC cells. The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab201847 at 1/200 dilution (shown in green) and ab195884, Rat monoclonal to Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 647), at 1/250 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab201847 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.