Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to alpha Tubulin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody
See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha Tubulin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) conjugated to KLH, corresponding to C terminal residues of Human alpha tubulin.
- HeLa cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: HEPES, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPrecipitated by ammonium sulfate.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24246 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- ALS22 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
ab24246 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Dumbacher M et al. Modifying Rap1-signalling by targeting Pde6d is neuroprotective in models of Alzheimer's disease. Mol Neurodegener 13:50 (2018). PubMed: 30257685
- Wilson BJ et al. ABCB5 maintains melanoma-initiating cells through a proinflammatory cytokine signaling circuit. Cancer Res 74:4196-207 (2014). PubMed: 24934811
- Kishida M et al. Orexin 2 receptor as a potential target for immunotoxin and antibody-drug conjugate cancer therapy. Oncol Lett 3:525-529 (2012). PubMed: 22740944
- Matsuda Y et al. Nestin is a novel target for suppressing pancreatic cancer cell migration, invasion and metastasis. Cancer Biol Ther 11:512-23 (2011). PubMed: 21258211
- Matsuda Y et al. Morphological and cytoskeletal alterations of nervous system tumor cells with different culturing methods. Int J Oncol 38:1253-8 (2011). PubMed: 21331444