Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (HRP)
See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Guinea pig, Human, Xenopus laevis
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Chicken alpha Tubulin.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate - normal tissue Xenopus (Blastula) Whole Cell Lysate. IHC-P: FFPE human colon (normal) tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (Alexa Fluor® 680) (ab184093)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (Alexa Fluor® 790) (ab184577)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab195887)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab195889)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (FITC) (ab64503)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab7291)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- alpha Tubulin peptide (ab195584)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40742 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 57 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- ALS22 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (HRP) (ab40742) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (ab7179)
Lane 3 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Xenopus Laevis Protein Extracts (Stg 8)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 57 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 2 minutes
IHC image of alpha Tubulin staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human colon tissue*, performed on a Leica BONDTM. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab40742, 1/100 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
This product has been referenced in:
- Furusho A et al. Involvement of B Cells, Immunoglobulins, and Syk in the Pathogenesis of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29545260) »
- Blesinger H et al. PIK3CA mutations are specifically localized to lymphatic endothelial cells of lymphatic malformations. PLoS One 13:e0200343 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29985963) »