Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (FITC)
See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - Microtubule Marker (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Gerbil
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to alpha Tubulin.
Epitopeaa426-450. Ab64503 specifically recognizes an epitope in the carboxy-terminal part of alpha-tubulin.
- ICC/IF: HeLa cells. IHC-Fr: Xenopus laevis stage 36 tissue. Flow cyt: HeLa cells. Cultured human fibroblasts, baby hamster kidney (BHK) cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (Alexa Fluor® 680) (ab184093)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (Alexa Fluor® 790) (ab184577)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab195887)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab195889)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - BSA and Azide free (ab264493)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (HRP) (ab40742)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab7291)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64503 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 5.1µl for 106 cells.
ab106163 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- ALS22 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab64503 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (10 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab64503, 1µg/ml, FITC conjugated (green)) for 1h at room temperature. 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab64503 staining alpha Tubulin in Xenopus laevis stage 36, transverse cryosection tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed with MEMFa and blocked with 2% BSA/Serum for 1 hour at 230C. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 1 hour at 230C. No secondary antibody was used. FITC-tubulin shown in green highlights neurons in neural tube and ciliated epidermal cells. DAPI shows staining in grey. Laminin (Abcam`s ab11575) is in blue (donkey anti-rabbit Cy5 secondary). E-cadherin is in red (donkey anti-mouse Cy3 secondary).
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab64503 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab64503, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 (1µg/1x106 cells ). Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
This product has been referenced in:
- Zheng N et al. Development of a Subcellular Semimechanism-Based Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Model to Characterize Paclitaxel Effects Delivered by Polymeric Micelles. J Pharm Sci 108:725-731 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30414867) »
- Zhou C et al. Substrate Compliance Directs the Osteogenic Lineages of Stem Cells from the Human Apical Papilla via the Processes of Mechanosensing and Mechanotransduction. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 11:26448-26459 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31251564) »