Product nameAMCA Conjugation Kit (Fast) - Lightning-Link®
AMCA Conjugation Kit / AMCA Labeling Kit (ab195224) uses a simple and quick process for AMCA labeling / conjugation of antibodies. It can also be used to conjugate other proteins or peptides. Learn about our antibody labeling kits and their advantages.
To conjugate an antibody to AMCA using this kit:
- add modifier to antibody and incubate for 15 mins
- add quencher and incubate for 5 mins
The AMCA conjugated antibody can be used immediately in WB, ELISA, IHC etc. No further purification is required and 100% of the antibody is recovered for use.
Learn about buffer compatibility below; for incompatible buffers and low antibody concentrations, use our rapid antibody purification and concentration kits. Use the FAQ to learn more about the technology, or about conjugating other proteins and peptides to AMCA.
Custom size conjugation kits up to 100 mg are available on demand. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Lightning-Link® Rapid AMCA Labeling Kit. 313-0015 is the same as the 1 mg size. 313-0030 is the same as the 3 x 10 ug size. 313-0010 is the same as the 3 x 100 ug size. 313-0005 is the same as the 100 ug size.
Amount and volume of antibody for conjugation to AMCA
Kit size Recommended
amount of antibody1
amount of antibody
3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 20 µg 3 x 10 µL 100 µg 1 x 100 µg 1 x 200 µg 1 x 100 µL 3 x 100 µg 3 x 100 µg 3 x 200 µg 3 x 100 µL 1 mg 1 x 1 mg 1 x 2 mg 1 x 1 mL
1 Using the maximum amount of antibody may result in less labelling per antibody.
2 Ideal antibody concentration is 1mg/ml. 0.5 - 1 mg/ml can be used if the maximum antibody volume is not exceeded. Antibodies > 2mg/ml or < 0.5 mg/ml should be diluted /concentrated.
Buffer Requirements for Conjugation
Buffer should be pH 6.5-8.5.
Compatible buffer constituents
If a concentration is shown, then the constituent should be no more than the concentration shown. If several constituents are close to the limit of acceptable concentration, then this can inhibit conjugation.
50mM / 0.6% Tris1 0.1% BSA2 50% glycerol 0.1% sodium azide PBS Potassium phosphate Sodium chloride HEPES Sucrose Sodium citrate EDTA Trehalose
1 Tris buffered saline is almost always ≤ 50 mM / 0.6%
2 BSA can also interfere with the use of the conjugated antibody in tissue staining.
Incompatible buffer constituents
Thiomerosal Proclin Glycine Arginine Glutathione DTT
Only purified antibodies are suitable for use, ie. where other proteins, peptides, or amino acids are not present: antibodies in ascites fluid, serum or hybridoma culture media are incompatible.
Storing and handling conjugation kits
Lyophilized Lightning-Link® components are hygroscopic.
Kits are intentionally shipped at ambient temperature with silica gel to avoid exposure to moisture. Upon receipt, store the kit frozen and protect from moisture. Before opening the outer container, allow the lyophilized components to reach room temperature to minimize condensation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 mg 100 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 100 µg ab274001 - AMCA Conjugation Mix 1 x 1mg 1 x 100µg 3 x 10µg 3 x 100µg ab273994 - Modifier reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl ab273995 - Quencher reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl
- Aminomethylcoumarin acetate
- Antibody Concentration And Clean-Up Kit (ab102778)
- Antibody Purification Kit (Protein A) (ab102784)
- TCS Antibody Purification Kit (ab109207)
- Serum Antibody Purification Kit (Protein A) (ab109209)
- Mouse Antibody Purification Kit (ab128745)
- Mouse TCS Antibody Purification Kit (ab128749)
- BSA Removal Kit (ab173231)
ab195224 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Boopathy GTK et al. Cavin-2 regulates the activity and stability of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) in angiogenesis. J Biol Chem 292:17760-17776 (2017). PubMed: 28912276
- Liu Y et al. Micropatterned coculture of hepatocytes on electrospun fibers as a potential in vitro model for predictive drug metabolism. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 63:475-84 (2016). PubMed: 27040241
- Liu G et al. Fibulin-1 regulates the pathogenesis of tissue remodeling in respiratory diseases. JCI Insight 1:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27398409
- Bok S et al. In vivo imaging of activated microglia in a mouse model of focal cerebral ischemia by two-photon microscopy. Biomed Opt Express 6:3303-12 (2015). PubMed: 26417502