Product nameAmfenac sodium monohydrate, Cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitor
DescriptionNon-steroidal analgesic anti-inflammatory drug with acetic acid moiety. Cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitor.
- 2-Amino-3-benzoyl phenyl acetic acid sodium salt monohydrate
- 2-Amino-3-benzoylbenzeneacetic acid sodium monohydrate
Non-steroidal analgesic anti-inflammatory drug with acetic acid moiety. Cyclooxygenase (COX) 1 and 2 inhibitor. Possesses both antipyretic and analgesic properties in vivo.
Chemical name2-Amino-3-benzoylbenzeneacetic acid sodium salt monohydrate
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM, in water to 100 mM and in ethanol to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Gamache DA et al. Nepafenac, a unique nonsteroidal prodrug with potential utility in the treatment of trauma-induced ocular inflammation: I. Assessment of anti-inflammatory efficacy. Inflammation 24:357-70 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 10850857) »
- Hiranuma T et al. Analgesic action of amfenac Na, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent. J Pharmacobiodyn 11:612-9 (1988). Read more (PubMed: 3265150) »
- Matsumoto T et al. Effect of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (amfenac sodium) on polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Pharmacol Res Commun 14:523-32 (1982). Read more (PubMed: 7122676) »
- Sancilio LF et al. AHR-5850: a potent anti-inflammatory compound. Agents Actions 7:133-44 (1977). Read more (PubMed: 871089) »