Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP2060Y] to Amphiphysin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Amphiphysin antibody [EP2060Y]
See all Amphiphysin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2060Y] to Amphiphysin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Amphiphysin aa 250-350 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Human brain lysate. IHC-P: Human brain tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52646 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/25000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 128 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 76 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay participate in mechanisms of regulated exocytosis in synapses and certain endocrine cell types. May control the properties of the membrane associated cytoskeleton.
Tissue specificityNeurons, certain endocrine cell types and spermatocytes.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 BAR domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > synaptic vesicle membrane. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Amp antibody
- AMPH 1 antibody
- AMPH antibody
Anti-Amphiphysin antibody [EP2060Y] (ab52646) at 1/100000 dilution + Human brain lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 76 kDa
Observed band size: 128 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Ab52646 (1/100) staining human Amphiphysin in human brain tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52646 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Buser DP et al. Quantitative proteomics reveals reduction of endocytic machinery components in gliomas. EBioMedicine 46:32-41 (2019). PubMed: 31331834
- Bosch PJ et al. Proteomics Analysis of Dorsal Striatum Reveals Changes in Synaptosomal Proteins following Methamphetamine Self-Administration in Rats. PLoS One 10:e0139829 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26484527
- Kumar GS et al. Quantitative proteomics for identifying biomarkers for tuberculous meningitis. Clin Proteomics 9:12 (2012). IHC . PubMed: 23198679