Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Amylin/DAP
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Amylin/DAP antibody
See all Amylin/DAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Amylin/DAP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Amylin/DAP aa 1 to the C-terminus (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P10997
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
This product was previously labelled as Amylin
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15125 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
1/200 for 10 min at RT. Boil tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
FunctionSelectively inhibits insulin-stimulated glucose utilization and glycogen deposition in muscle, while not affecting adipocyte glucose metabolism.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calcitonin family.
DomainThe mature protein is largely unstructured in the absence of a cognate ligand, and has a strong tendency to form fibrillar aggregates. Homodimerization may be the first step of amyloid formation.
modificationsAmyloid fibrils are degraded by IDE.
- Information by UniProt
- Amylin antibody
- DAP antibody
- Diabetes associated peptide antibody
ab15125 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Martinez-Valbuena I et al. Interaction of amyloidogenic proteins in pancreatic ß cells from subjects with synucleinopathies. Acta Neuropathol N/A:N/A (2018). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29536165
- Ramzy A et al. Insulin-Deficient Mouse ß-Cells Do Not Fully Maturebut Can Be Remedied Through Insulin Replacementby Islet Transplantation. Endocrinology 159:83-102 (2018). PubMed: 29029025
- Suzuki H & Yamamoto T Amylin-like immunoreactivity in pancreatic X cells of the black-spotted frog Rana (Pelophylax) nigromaculata. Tissue Cell 46:535-9 (2014). IHC-Fr ; Frog . PubMed: 25458814